RE: [S-R] Re: Spis and PLACKO

  • Marilyn Sandorf
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
      Dear Bill,

      Thank you for this title.

      Marilyn

      Bill Tarkulich <bill@...> wrote:
      History of Slovakia - Struggle for Survival by Kirshbaum is still in
      print and an excellent, affordable regional and political overview.
      Readily obtainable from B&N, Amazon, etc.
      Bill Tarkulich

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
        Bill,

        I agree that the book, "History of Slovakia - Struggle for Survival" by Kirshbaum is an excellent read about the Slovak land and its people.

        I have just started to read "A Concise History of Slovakia" and find it very interesting with a little more detail than Kirshbaum provides in his book.

        The book is the work of ten Slovak authors and is editied by Elena Mannov�. Translation from Slovak to English by Martin Styan & David Daniel.

        Gil K.

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
          Gil,

          Sounds interesting. Where did you locate "A Concise History of Slovakia" ?

          ______________
          Bill Tarkulich

          I agree that the book, "History of Slovakia - Struggle for Survival" by
          Kirshbaum is an excellent read about the Slovak land and its people.

          I have just started to read "A Concise History of Slovakia" and find it
          very interesting with a little more detail than Kirshbaum provides in his
          book.

          The book is the work of ten Slovak authors and is editied by Elena Mannová.

          Bill Tarkulich <bill@...> wrote:
          History of Slovakia - Struggle for Survival by Kirshbaum is still in print
          and an excellent, affordable regional and political overview. Readily
          obtainable from B&N, Amazon, etc. Bill Tarkulich

          http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/FvNolB/TM
        • Alan Antoska
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
            Bill,
            The ISBN is 80-88880-42-4
            Published by Academic Electronic Press in 2000.
            Hard cover copy cost SK912 in Bratislava book stores.
            I purchased my copy May 2003 in B'lava.

            --- Bill Tarkulich <bill@...> wrote: > Gil,

            > Sounds interesting. Where did you locate "A Concise
            > History of Slovakia" ?
            >
            > ______________
            > Bill Tarkulich

            http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search
          • Doug & Janet Kozlay
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
              It's available on amazon.com.

              Janet

              Published by Academic Electronic Press in 2000.
              Hard cover copy cost SK912 in Bratislava book stores.
              I purchased my copy May 2003 in B'lava.

              --- Bill Tarkulich <bill@...> wrote: > Gil,

              > Sounds interesting. Where did you locate "A Concise
              > History of Slovakia" ?

              > Bill Tarkulich

            • Gil K.
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 6, 2003
                Hi Bill,

                A cousin from Banska Bystrica sent me the book.

                It appears however that the book may be available from several sources based on recent postings.

                ISBN 80-88880-42-4 is correct.

                Gil