[S-R] Re: Genpals2003 needs help

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2003
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ron Matviyak <amiak@a...> wrote:
      > Frank, I went to their page and then clicked on "members' toward the
      > bottom, and they listed three people the first time, and now four
      the
      > second. I went back to confirm that there is one Alaskan, one from
      > Yukon, one Netherlander and now there is also one from Ontario.
      >
      > Now with the thirty years war the Swedes romped through central
      Europe
      > even a bit more that the Mongols did, although I think publicity has
      it
      > most of their damage was in Germany and Bohemia.
      >
      > now much as every pickup truck in our south comes with a coon dog
      and a
      > gun rack, most every car from the Netherlands comes with a small
      house
      > trailer on the back. They love to travel Europe with their home
      behind
      > them, and Slovakia has the attraction of being relatively natural
      and
      > relatively cheap.
      >
      > Nonsense aside, I have to agree that for most of us joining their
      group
      > helps not at all. However, it was nice of them to invite us.
      >
      > Ron

      Hi Ron,

      I was curious why that group had contacted Slovak-Roots ?

      At soc.genealogy.slavic the Czech genealogy group keeps posting their
      surname messages.

      At S-R I reply to Croatian and Slovene surnames queries.
      Just replied to a Slovakia surname query from Argentina.

      And at the Croatian site I keep replying to Slovak and Czech surname
      queries.
      This week replied to a Croatian surname query from Chile because no
      subscriber could translate Spanish.

      So our world is becoming more multinational.

      Frank
    • Ron Matviyak