Zupancic Supancic family link.

  • jjs72
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
      I am lookin to find siblings of my Great Grand Father, "Louis Francis
      Zupancic". I got three names from my Great Aunt. Leopold, Franc, and
      Filomina, whom stayed near Ljublanja, Northern Yugoslavia. The two
      others guys were brothers, of GG father. There were a total of 9
      siblings in his family.

      My great grandfather married Mary Katherine "Spruk" Zupancic. Somehow
      there is relation to a FLoyd Supancic, from Kansas.

      If this rings close to anyone knowledge of zupancic's or supancic's.
      Send me an email. Thanks Jon Short Colorado
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2003
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "jjs72" <dj2000co@e...> wrote:
        > I am lookin to find siblings of my Great Grand Father, "Louis
        Francis
        > Zupancic". I got three names from my Great Aunt. Leopold, Franc, and
        > Filomina, whom stayed near Ljublanja, Northern Yugoslavia. The two
        > others guys were brothers, of GG father. There were a total of 9
        > siblings in his family.
        >
        > My great grandfather married Mary Katherine "Spruk" Zupancic.
        Somehow
        > there is relation to a FLoyd Supancic, from Kansas.
        >
        > If this rings close to anyone knowledge of zupancic's or supancic's.
        > Send me an email. Thanks Jon Short Colorado

        Do you understand z^ivijo or zdravo ?
        (Hello)

        Some who seek Slovenija (Slovenia) think it is the the same country as
        Slovakia (Slovensko)

        The Cleveland, OH area had the largest concentration of Slovenes
        outside of the capital city of Ljubljana, Slovenia.

        Before WWI, the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy had stretched from Austria
        to Montenegro in the Balkans.

        Following the First World War, new borders for Austro-Hungarian
        Monarchy were set by the Treaties of Saint Germain-en-Laye (September
        10, 1919) and Trianon (June 4, 1920)

        As a result, the Austro-Hungarian Empire was utterly transformed
        into much smaller territories and new countries.

        Hungary became an entirely separate nation, but lost large portions
        of its territories as well, retaining only core Hungarian-speaking
        areas.
        Retained were West and Central Hungary plus a small western portion
        of the Banat, the northern portion of the Batschka, the Central
        Hungarian Highlands, and the northern portion of Swabian Turkey.

        A new country of Yugoslavia was also formed including the former
        Austro-Hungarian lands of the southern portion of the Banat, the
        southern portion of the Batschka, Bosnia-Hercegovina, the southern
        portion of the duchy of Carinthia (Slovenia), most of the of duchy
        of Carniola, Croatia-Slavonia, the kingdom of Dalmatia, the southern
        portion of Swabian Turkey, the southern portion of duchy of Styria,
        and Syrmia.

        The Kingdom of Serbs,Croats and Slovenes was established on
        Dec. 1, 1918 and was renamed Yugoslavia on Oct. 4, 1929.

        The six republics that formed the former Yugoslavia were : Bosnia
        and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Slovenia, and Serbia.

        Slovak is similar to Czech and the official language of Slovakia.
        There are three major groups of dialects.
        Spoken by 5.6 million people.

        Ako sa maté ? (How are you ?)
        Rozumiem. (I understand )

        Slovenian is similar to Croatian and Serbian and the official
        language of the Republic of Slovenia , formerly part of Yugoslavia.
        Total about 2.2 million speakers (2 million are in Slovenia)

        Kako ste ? (How are you ?)
        Razumen. (I understand )

        456 surnames Zupancic emigrated via Ellis Island (NYC) 1892-1924.

        Lewis/Louis = Ludovik and Francis/Frank = Franc in Slovene.

        In 1921, a Louis Zupancic, age 17, Slovenian, emigrated to the
        US. He went to his father Mihály (Michael) Zupancic in Forest City PA.
        Louis was born in Prezganje, Slovenia which is located 10 miles
        distant from Ljubljana.

        With such a large clan of Zupancic (456) what other information
        do you have about your surnames ?

        Send you information to exactly what email address ?

        So send me a direct message to my email address :
        frankur@....

        Frank Kurcina

        Ferenc (H)
        Frantis^ek (Sk)