RE: [S-R] Re: Surnames Wangel and Bugel

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
      Dear Leandro,

      www.switchboard.com is one of the most useful free white pages telephone
      directories online. Use that instead of "US SEARCH" It will give you
      phone number and mailing list for each entry. There are many matches.

      Good Luck,

      Bill Tarkulich

      > Searching on internet I found some Wangel in Illinois,
      in a web site called ´US SEARCH`, but I didn´t get their addresses
      because previously I have to pay for that. Now I´d like to know, How
      can I get their addresses freely?.

      > Does anybody in this list know some Wangel or Bugel in
      Wisconsin or Illinois?. Thanks very much.

      > Leandro

      In 1903, a Andras (H) (Andrew) Bugel, age 41, married, Slovak, emigrated
      to the USA. He went to a friend's address in Chicago IL. Andras had been
      in Chicago IL before (1899/1901)

      In 1904, a Rozalia Bugel, age 42, married, Slovak, and her daughter also
      named Rozalia, age 3, had emigrated to USA. They went to address of
      Rozalia's husband Andro ? Bugel in Chicago. Expect this was the same
      person as the Andras Bugel above.

      Ondro can be a shortened form of name Andrew (Andrej/Ondrej in Slovak)
      (nickname Andy (E)

      Yes. Am familiar with 'US SEARCH PAY'.
      Telephone directory listings on the Internet used to be free. As more
      directory services become commercial the remaining free telephone
      directory computer 'servers' become overloaded with traffic
      and are always 'busy' depending on person's time zone.

      Based of SSDI there appear to have been more surnames Bugel in
      Pennsylvania and NY and few in Illinois.

      Frank K

      BTW
      Your GF's letters were written in what language(s)
      Slovak, Spanish, other ?

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Tarkulich" <bill@i...>
        wrote:
        > Dear Leandro,
        >
        > www.switchboard.com is one of the most useful free white pages
        telephone
        > directories online. Use that instead of "US SEARCH" It will give
        you
        > phone number and mailing list for each entry. There are many
        matches.

        > Good Luck,
        >
        > Bill Tarkulich

        Leandro,

        As Bill Tarkulich has suggested you should try www.switchboard.com.
        Using another telephone directory I could locate no surname
        listing for Wangel in either IL or WI.

        But, there were 29 surnames Wangelid listed in IL.
        However, believe the -lid identifies that surname as Norwegian
        (de Noruega)
        Norwegians did settle in IL and WI.
        Don't believe there is any connection to your surname Wangel from
        Slovakia.

        However, the telephone directory did list 4 surnames Bugel in IL and
        1 surname Bugel in WI.

        ! Buena suerte !

        Frank K
      • Leandro
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 5, 2003
          Dear Frank,

          Hello I am Leandro from Argentina again. The letter that belonged my grandfather are six and are written in Slovak language.

          About what you told me of Josef and Mary Wangel that arrived in the USA in 1920, I am sure that they were brother and sister of my grandfather because on ellisisland.org, they manifest that their father is ´Stefan Wangel`. And I know that the name of my great grandfather was ´Stefan Wangel` too as the name of my grandfather. One of the letters is signed by ´Mr. Joe Wangel`.

          About Rozalia Bugel I think that she is the same person that has been written my grandfather because I have a letter signed by ´Mrs. Rose Bugel` too.

          About Andras (Andrew) Bugel I think he is husband of Rozalia (Rose) Bugel because one of the letters that came from Superior Wisconsin has a heading where says:

          Michael M. Bugel Frank A. Bugel

          Bugel Brothers
          Quality Meats and Groceries
          Restaurant supplies
          616 Tower Avenue

          Superior, Wis.

          If you´d like to give me your e-mail address I could send you this scanned letter. Do you understand Slovak language?. Thanks

          Leandro

        • Frank
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 5, 2003
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Leandro" <leandrovangel@c...>
            wrote:
            > Dear Frank,
            >
            > Hello I am Leandro from Argentina again. The
            letter that belonged my grandfather are six and are written in Slovak
            language.

            > About what you told me of Josef and Mary Wangel
            that arrived in the USA in 1920, I am sure that they were brother and
            sister of my grandfather because on ellisisland.org, they manifest
            that their father is ´Stefan Wangel`. And I know that the name of my
            great grandfather was ´Stefan Wangel` too as the name of my
            grandfather. One of the letters is signed by ´Mr. Joe Wangel`.

            > About Rozalia Bugel I think that she is the same
            person that has been written my grandfather because I have a letter
            signed by ´Mrs. Rose Bugel` too.

            > About Andras (Andrew) Bugel I think he is husband
            of Rozalia (Rose) Bugel because one of the letters that came from
            Superior Wisconsin has a heading where says:

            > Michael M. Bugel
            Frank A. Bugel

            > Bugel Brothers
            > Quality Meats and Groceries
            > Restaurant supplies
            > 616 Tower Avenue
            >
            > Superior, Wis.
            >

            > If you´d like to give me your e-mail address I could send you this
            scanned letter. Do you understand Slovak language?. Thanks

            > Leandro

            Dear Leandro,

            What you have written above sounds reasonable about your surname
            Wangel from Slovakia.
            It is interesting because it was usually Croatians who emigrated to
            Argentina and S.A.

            Send me the scanned letter.

            my email address :

            frankur@...

            Yes.
            I understand Slovak, German, Spanish ,Italian, Hungarian and some
            other languages.

            De nada

            Frank

          • Kevin Fosko
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 6, 2003
              Leandro,

              www.superpages.com (Verizon), and www.anywho.com (AT&T) are both free telephone/address tools. Yahoo (www.yahoo.com) has a PeopleSearch free option that gives results. Only if it doesn't find any does Yahoo try to get you to buy a search.

              Kevin

              wrote:
              > Dear List,
              >
              > My name is Leandro and I am writing from Argentina.
              Thanks to this list now I know the exact place where my grandfather
              was born. His name was Stefan Wangel and came to Argentina around 1914
              from �SZLANICZA`(H) or �SLANICA`(SK).

              > A weeks ago someone in this newsgroup told me about
              ellisisland.org. Surfing there I found some Wangel that arrived in the
              USA from SZLANICZA (H) or SLANICA (SK) too. They manifested to travel
              with destination to Illinois.

              > Too I`ve found some letters that belonged my
              grandfather. Some of them came, in the 1920s and 1930s from Slovakia
              and the others came from Illinois and Wisconsin. The senders were
              people of surnames Wangel and Bugel. Now I know that he had relatives
              in the USA too and I�d like to find their descendants.