Re: [S-R] Re: Surname Pereszta, Peresta, Peressta

  • Richard D. Custer
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 29 6:57 PM
      Frank <frankur@...> wrote:---
      >Wasyl Peresta's birthplace and Last Residence was listed as Hovaszko,
      Hungary ?
      >Haven't identified it as yet.

      Havaskoz = Liuta, Velykyi Bereznyi raion, Zakarpatska oblast of Ukraine
      (former Ung/Uzh County). This is also a Carpatho-Rusyn village. However,
      it's not terribly close to those Mukachevo-region villages (Shelestovo,
      Nyzhnia Vyznytsia, Kolchyno, Kushtanovytsia, etc.) you named.

      RDC
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 30 10:42 AM
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, christina glunt
        <cuontheflpzide@y...> wrote:
        > Hello, I do recognize the name of Mihaly, I have steam ticket
        receipts that was sent to Pereszta Mihaly Peresztyak feb. 5 1911 in
        Belesto' that is what that last part looks like to me anyway and I
        sure do appreciate the help. Can you tell how I would even begin to
        find a birth record?? Thank you, Christina

        Hello,

        Michael
        Mihály (H)
        Michal (Sk)

        There was a Belebele (H) located in Bereg megye (county), Hungary.

        There were 4 Mihaly listed and the closest arrival date was September
        1912. Other 3 Mihaly came in 1904 and 1907.

        What was the name of the steam ship company on the receipt ?

        On September 13, 1912, Mihaly Pereszta age 26, married,
        arrived at Ellis Island (NYC)
        Ship was Saxonia, Cunard liner sailing from Trieste to NYC.
        Then port of Trieste was located in Austria and now is in Italy.
        Mihaly was born in Isnyéte, Hungary.
        He went to his brother-in-law Laszlo Kueter in Morgantown, W VA.
        He had been in US before (1906/1908) also in Morgantown W VA.
        So expect he had a sister living there.

        The State Ukrainian Archives are divided by Oblasts (regions)

        For your village you want :
        address

        Zakarpatska oblast

        4, Narodna Sq.
        294008 Uzhgorod
        UKRAINA

        Doubt you know Ukrainian Cyrillic.

        R K C || P A B |/| ? Ukrainian (Cyrillic)
        (yah k s p r á v ee )

        How are you ?

        Expect that you will need a commercial company which does research in
        Ukraine to retrieve any birth records.

        Ukrainian website
        http://www.infoukes.com/genealogy/

        Frank K

        > Frank <frankur@w...> wrote:---
        > > Christina
        >
        > Christina,
        >
        > As I had written below your grandfather Lászlo, who emigrated megye,
        Hungary and their Last Residences appear to all be located
        > around Munkács (H) Mukacevo, Ukraine.
        >
        > Zofi in 1913, also from Szent Miklós (Bereg)
        > Fedor in 1905, from Igléniz (Bereg)
        > Janos in 1906, Maria in 1905, and Mihaly in 1904 from
        > Seleszto (Bereg)
        > Maria in 1904, from Alsóviznicze (Bereg)
        > Maria in 1910, from Kölcsény (Bereg)
        > Maria in 1903, from Kustánfalva (Bereg)
        > Mihaly in 1907, from Lóka (Bereg)
        > Mihaly in 1912, from Isnyéte (Bereg)
        > All these places are now located in the Ukraine under new place
        names.

        > Are any of these first name familiar ?
        >
        > You will need to write the Ukrainian Archives for their records.
        > Not any easy task.
        >
        > Suspect some Pereszta surnames are still living in the Ukraine.
        >
        > For example
        > A Yuri Yurijovich Peresta is head of surgical dept. at the
        > hospital at University of Uzhgorod, Ukraine.
        > Uzhgorod Ungvár (H) is located about 20 miles distant from
        > Munkács (H) Mukacevo, Ukraine.
        >
        > (Russsian and Ukrainians have three names : surname, first name and
        > patronymic-which tells us the first name of the person's father)
        >
        > Other Pereszta surnames appear in current references to this region
        of
        > the Ukraine.
        >
        > Wasyl Peresta's birthplace and Last Residence was listed as
        Hovaszko,
        > Hungary ?
        > Haven't identified it as yet.
        >
        > Frank K
        > >
        > > Frank <frankur@w...> wrote:--- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com,
        > "cuontheflpzide"
        > > <cuontheflpzide@y...> wrote:
        > > > Hello To All: Any Help I would Appreciate, Grandpa was from SZ,M
        > > > Which I don't know where that is, Came by ship in April,1906 and
        > His
        > > > brother Wasyl came from Hovasko Hungary in 1913. Thank You,
        > > Christina
        > >
        > > Christina,
        > >
        > > Pereszta is a Hungarian surname spelling.
        > > The Magyar letter 'sz' is pron. 's'.
        > >
        > > László (H)
        > > Leslie (E)
        > > Vladislav (Sk)
        > >
        > > The surname for László Peressta who emigrated in 1906 was actually
        > > listed as Pereszta in the ship manifest. You just didn't
        > > recognize the script letter sz.
        > >
        > > SZ. is the Hungarian abbrev. for Szent (saint)
        > > László's Last Residence was Sz. M.. , i.e. Szent Miklós
        > > (Saint Nicholas)
        > > Szent Miklós was formerly located in Bereg megye (county).
        > > Hungary and is now located in the Ukraine.
        > >
        > > Szent Miklós (H); Cynadijeve [Ukr] Beregszentmiklos [H];
        > > Cinjad'ovo [Rusyn] and is located 6 miles distant from
        > > Mukacevo, Ukraine.
        > >
        > > h |/| H A /| i E B E (Cyrillic)
        > > C^ I N A D I E V E
        > >
        > > Since Szent Miklós et al was a former Carpatho-Rusyn village,
        > perhaps
        > > your GF was a Ruthenian ?
        > > What was his religion ?
        > >

        > > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT