Re: [S-R] surnames Kolina Kolena Kulina Franks reply

  • June Mckee
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2003
      Dear Valdimir,

      You are right I do remember you telling me quite awhile ago that there were Kolinas in Richvald. would I check into the LDS first or what is the best way to start?
      June
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2003
        Dear June,
        Yes, start with LDS Richvald. There you will get acquainted with
        Kolinas.With little luck, you will find also clues to possible other
        locations.
        First check for the births in years around when your ancestor might have
        been born and pick all of Kolinas in a time window of about 6 years,
        plus/minus 3 years from what you think when he was born.
        Then go and check all marriage records of Kolinas, starting from the
        youngest, back to 1850 or so.
        Be careful and watch for information about the origin of every Kolina, that
        is there, male or female.
        Then go home and make a scheme of all those people you found. This will be a
        fragmental family tree.
        Put every married couple in a column, representing one generation.People on
        the left of one column are parents of that column and people on the right
        are children of that column.
        Make a list of locations ( if there were any new) of origins of Kolinas and
        have a look at the map, where they are, to see the migration pattern and
        also to find out, in which other parish they were. There is no genealogy
        without a good map. ( remember, your question is not who or when but where?)
        When there is any new location, which is quite possible, then you must
        repeat the same kind of search there too. As soon you will find a man, that
        might be your ancestor, you may quietly shout "Hooray".
        If there are more candidates for your ancestor, then you have to follow
        their lives, but this is already another story, for which you muct deposit
        another dime, next time.
        Wish you good luck and please, do report about findings and problems.
        Best regards,
        Vladimir

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/