Re: [S-R] new york marriage for Kolina

  • Alyssa Eppich
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 28, 2003
      June,
      I found my ggf's village on his military papers; I found my ggm's on the back of their eldest child's death certificate. Have you got any old, previously "insignificant" papers from your family? My great grandfather's passport from 1922 also showed that he was visiting Velky Saris, so we knew we had corroboration. In addition, several old letters from 1952 also backed up this information. Hope that helps-
      Alyssa
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 28, 2003
        Alyssa,
        unfortunately I have been trying to track down some sort of papers from family members on the east coast but seems nobody has anything. I think that they were taken by the oldest daughter and when she passed away her daughter got rid of everything because she didnt think it would be of any use to the family. imagine that! I am still scraping around hoping to find something.