Village of Patacsko

  • BeechCrRR@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2000
      Can anyone help me locate the subject village? I can't find it on any of my maps but believe it is in the SE corner of Saris zupa, in the neighborhood of the villages of Tuhrina, Cervenica and Opina. Perhaps the name "Patacsko" is an "alias" for another name that is more familiar?

      Jeff
    • Al Stoffa
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2000
        Jeff,

        Patacsko was the name of Vtackovce from 1863-1913. Hope this helps.

        Al Stoffa
        a_stoffa@...

        Researching STOFA, TOMAS, GREGA and DURICA from Slovakia.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2000
          unsubscribe
        • Andrea Vangor
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2000
            Patacsko is our home hamlet, Jeff. It went by the Slovak name Ptac^kovce.
            There is practically nothing there today, but the place still exists, SW of
            Bunyita (Bunyec^ice), NW of Peklen (Peklani), due W of Keczer Lipocz (K.
            Lipovec).

            > Can anyone help me locate the subject village? I can't find it on any of
            my maps but believe it is in the SE corner of Saris zupa, in the
            neighborhood of the villages of Tuhrina, Cervenica and Opina. Perhaps the
            name "Patacsko" is an "alias" for another name that is more familiar?

            > Jeff

          • Andrea Vangor
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2000
              P.S. -- You have to remember that the Opina records give place names in the
              Hungarian version, ie Opina today was Ofalu then.