Re: Researching Those Surnames

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 22, 2003
      Ruby Uhazie wrote

      > Frank: If I wish to order Birth and Marriage Certificates from
      > Smizany, where would I send to? Are the actual photos of the
      > certificates printed on the LDS films?
      > I am sorry for all of the questions but this is all so new to me, I
      > am a late starter, 80 years old.
      > Thank you for all of your help.
      > Sincerely
      > Ruby Uhazie

      Ruby :

      Early or late starters.
      We all began as 'newbies', new to genealogical research and later new
      to computers.
      Am very close to your age and used to go to LDS FHCs so much that
      LDS-Mormon missionaries came to house eight times in hope of onverting
      me.
      Many grandmothers (but few grandfathers) are doing surname research of
      LDS microfilm at the various Family History Centers.

      As I wrote expect you need German-Evangelical church records rather
      than the Roman Catholic ones for Ilias^ovce and Smiz^any (and I don't
      know where former records are located ?)

      Perhaps someone else can help you with LDS microfilm research.
      Sorry I can not because no longer go to FHCs to research (poor
      eyesight and problem turning microfilm-reader crank)
      Am now limited to research on the Internet.

      You're welcome.
      -Nech sa pac^i (Sk)
      keine Ursache (G)
      Szi'vesen (H)