Re: Searching These surnames

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2003
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Rubi2341@a... wrote:
      > I am a new signer and I am searching the following surnames;
      > JUHAZY Iliasovce
      > DOLAK Smizany
      > MIKLER Smizany
      > If there are any researchers looking for information on any of those
      surnames
      > on this list, please get in touch with me. I have much information
      from the
      > American side but need help from the Slovakian area. I understand
      birth and
      > marriage records can be obtained from Levoci, would someone have the
      address of
      > the place to give me?
      > Thank you for any help I may receive.
      > Sincerely
      > Ruby Uhazie in Houston, Texas USA

      ahoj Ruby,

      I am not researching your surnames.
      Suspect that your surname Uhazie was Juhazy.

      Smiz^any (Sk) was Szepessümeg (H) okres Spis^ská Nová Ves.
      Ilias^ovce (Sk) was Illésfalva (H) okres Spis^ská Nová Ves.

      What was your surnames religion ?

      The LDS-Mormons have filmed the R.C. parish church records
      (1744-1896) for Smiz^any.
      The records for Ilias^ovce (1743-1896) are also included.

      And the LDS filmed the R.C. church records for Levoc^a (Sk)
      Lo"cse (H) okres Spis^ská Nová Ves which include the Jewish
      records for Smiz^any and Ilias^ovce.

      The LDS-Mormons has filmed all the parish church records at six
      of the seven regional Slovak State Archives in Slovakia.

      Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

      LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS