RE: [S-R] Introducing myself to the Slovak-Roots group

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 19, 2003
      While the Mormons don't have the all important church records, they do have
      some tax census records:

      Szerednye
      Urbéri tabellák, 1767-1773
      Authors Magyarország. Helytartótanács (Main Author)

      Notes Az eredeti iratok mikrofilmre vétele Budapesten a Magyar Országos
      Levéltárban történt.
      ----
      Feudal land tenancy census records of Hungary, the so-called "Urbarium" or
      "Urbéri tabellák", a document that defines the goods and services that a
      serf was obligated to give to the feudal lord. Includes names of landowners
      and serfs. Arranged by counties, and within the counties by villages in
      alphabetical order. Includes primarily the years 1767-1773, with some
      entries and the index covering the years 1723-1848. Some areas that were in
      Hungary when these records were kept are now in Slovakia, Romania and
      Ukraine.

      Title Vagyonösszeírás, 1828
      Authors Magyarország. Országos Levéltár (Main Author)

      Notes Az eredeti iratok mikrofilmre vétele Budapesten a Magyar Országos
      Levéltárban történt.
      ----
      Census of the taxable population of Hungary, 1828. Includes references to
      the financial situation, including descriptions of lands and properties. The
      records are arranged by counties and within the counties by localities in
      alphabetical order. Text in Hungarian.

      To find them search on the village name using KEYWORD feature at

      Bill Tarkulich