Re: Ancestry etc

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 22, 1999
      Hi Everyone - for those of us without AOL, we can do the same thing by
      highlighting the text and hitting "control c"; then enter Word or a
      text program, place the cursor where you want to insert the text you
      just highlighted and press "control v". THat deposits the text that was
      highlighted. You can then edit it and add together a string of related
      information. You do loose the formatting and font that the original
      HTML page displayed. If you want to add the URL to identify your
      source, you can return and highlight the URL and transfer it the same
      way.

      In about ten years I figure I'll have this worked out to an orderly
      system.

      Merry Christmas!

      Ron

      PS, I did have some luck on Ancestry com, just additional information on
      the family of the grandfather that died when my mom was an infant.