Re: Ancestry etc

  • Rosamken@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 22, 1999
      Dear Maura and List:

      When reading everyones posts, I highlight information that I feel would be
      helpful, and hit EDIT on the bar at the top of AOL....then I hit copy, and I
      copy/paste to a word processing program. I keep a file for that particular
      month and copy/paste all pertinent information in to that file....then I save
      and print. this way I do not get all the "extra" information that I am not
      interested in. Saves on paper, ink cartridges and space, plus if I lose the
      hard copy, I can just print the file again.

      Kind of elementary but works for me.

      Rosemary - Las Vegas
    • Ron Matviyak
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 22, 1999
        Hi Everyone - for those of us without AOL, we can do the same thing by
        highlighting the text and hitting "control c"; then enter Word or a
        text program, place the cursor where you want to insert the text you
        just highlighted and press "control v". THat deposits the text that was
        highlighted. You can then edit it and add together a string of related
        information. You do loose the formatting and font that the original
        HTML page displayed. If you want to add the URL to identify your
        source, you can return and highlight the URL and transfer it the same
        way.

        In about ten years I figure I'll have this worked out to an orderly
        system.

        Merry Christmas!

        Ron

        PS, I did have some luck on Ancestry com, just additional information on
        the family of the grandfather that died when my mom was an infant.