Re: [S-R] How to address an envelope to send to Spisska Nova Ves

  • Donna Lachney
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 3, 2003
      Vladimir, To me it is breathtaking to say the least...just thinking that you were able to speak to his wife. If possible, as long as I am not going over my boundaries with you and asking you to much...if you could call him and maybe let him know what I am doing and that I will be writing a letter to them with information from my family that left there in the late 1800s, my Great Great Grandfather got his final citizenship in November 1900. I feel like I am on cloud nine just thinking about it.

      There is a Professor here on Campus that speaks the language he had the distinct accent on the telephone when I left him a message. Hopefully, he will call me back soon so I can get everything started. I don't know where he is from, but I called a Russian professor and she gave me his name. Phew!!!! I am excited about this.

      If only my Great Grandmother was alive she would be thrilled too.

      Thanks again, Donna

      Vladimir Bohinc <konekta@...> wrote:
      Dear Donna,
      When I see, that the problem is simple, but not for you, because you are
      there, I just make a phone call and that's it. I was talking to his wife. He
      was not home.There was not much time to express surprise.
      It was rather overwhelming, or breath taking, so to say.
      They have at least one daughter in Germany.
      Jou just have that letter written and sent and take it easy.
      It will all be all right.
      Regards,
      Vladimir