KLIMEK, SUGA, BANKOSH, LAUFIK, HECTELY, NEDEROSTEK, MEDINA, CESANEK

  • greenestamps2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
      Can anyone suggest how I go about confirming a piece of anecdotal
      information I just received? It seems a woman born in 1919 who lived
      in Dewey Heights, PA, recalls her neighbors being the KLIMEK family.
      I am unaware of anyone other than my paternal grandmother, Maria
      KLIMEK (b. 1887 in BELA who married my paternal grandfather, Michael
      SUGA, b. 1880 in Totfalu) and her sister, Johanna KLIMEK, bearing that
      name. How would I discover 1) whether these two sisters had other
      siblings with them and what their names were, and 2) if their
      parents or other relatives immigrated to PA also ? My father, John
      SUGA, was born in Cementon, PA in 1908. Thank you. Ursula SUGA Greene
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2003
        Ursula,
        How about 1910 or 1920 census? Sometimes US church records end up in
        the Mormon's collection. have you checked for these towns?
        Another method is to use the immigration/manifest records. Find similar
        names and see if they are related. Sometimes the record will state:
        Final destination: sister-in-law, Anna KLIMEK (example only), Cementon,
        PA. I was able to cement down some relationships in the tree that way.

        ______________
        Bill Tarkulich

        Can anyone suggest how I go about confirming a piece of anecdotal
        information I just received? It seems a woman born in 1919 who lived in
        Dewey Heights, PA, recalls her neighbors being the KLIMEK family.
        I am unaware of anyone other than my paternal grandmother, Maria KLIMEK
        (b. 1887 in BELA who married my paternal grandfather, Michael SUGA, b.
        1880 in Totfalu) and her sister, Johanna KLIMEK, bearing that name. How
        would I discover 1) whether these two sisters had other
        siblings with them and what their names were, and 2) if their
        parents or other relatives immigrated to PA also ? My father, John
        SUGA, was born in Cementon, PA in 1908. Thank you. Ursula SUGA Greene

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/