Re: [S-R] Brezlow?

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 1 12:37 PM
      Dear Frank,
      I am sorry, but this is not true;
      Brezolupy Jewish records were kept in Banovce rabinate, never in RC
      parishes!
      Births 1841-1928, 1937
      Marriages 1841-1942
      Deaths 1841-1895
      I have never seen a Jewish record from 1700, and I have seen many. They all
      start with around 1850, when the Jews were told to do so.
      Sidi comes from Sidonia.
      As to where this Hirsch family will be found; it is useless to speculate
      about all possible and impossible locations. They were everywhere and were
      migrating so much, that you can hardly trace them back the same way as the
      slavic population.
      Regards,
      Vladimir

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 1 9:45 PM
        At 02:54 PM 1/09/2003 +0000, you wrote:
        >ahoj Nick,
        >
        >My theory of the location of Brezlow ? is different.
        >
        >In 1923, a Sidi Hirsch, age 28, married, Hebrew, emigrated to
        >her husband's (Benjamin Hirsch) address : 416 E. 3rd Street NYC.
        >Her Last Residence was Wien (Vienna), Austria.
        >In Yiddish Sarah is Sore , so perhaps Sidi was named Sadie ?
        >Her birthplace was Brezlow ?, Czechoslovakia .
        >There was no country called Czechoslovakia until the WW I Hungarian
        >peace treaty in 1920.
        >In Upper Hungary (Slovakia) R.C. parish churches kept the Jewish
        >records.

        She didn't convert to Judaism the family was Jewish , My father was born in
        Nove Mesto nad Vahom . I have a birth place of Velke Polo for my uncle and
        on his immigration papers ( to Australia) it says The village of Pole and
        then Uherce , Topolcany . Does that help?

        As you say there was no Czechoslovakia when any of my father's family was
        born, but papers produced after 1920 say Czechoslovakia , my father told
        me they were Slovak, there are relatives of my aunty's living in Nove Mesto
        NV. I have got some limited information from them but like Oliver Twist I
        want more.

        I'll see if the FHC has films for Bánovce nad Bebravou.

        Thanks for your help.
        Nick
      • cardarch@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 2 4:10 AM
          In a message dated 9/2/03 12:45:18 AM, nickh@... writes:

          << >ahoj Nick, >>

          Just wondering, is "ahoj" pronounced "ahoy"? That is the greeting Alexander
          Graham Bell said the first time he picked up the first phone, and is also the
          greeting Montgomery Burns on the Simpson's show uses when he picks up the
          phone. Does it mean "hello?"