Re: [S-R] Baptisms, Slovakia, 1891, some random records.

  • Catherine Skapura
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2003
      Hello,

      First I looked in the library of films that the LDS
      has in its genealogical library in Utah, but going to
      this website: http://www.familysearch.org/
      Click on Family History Library System.
      Then click on Family History Library Catalog, at the
      top of the page.
      Then in my case, I clicked on Place Search, and
      searched for Hnilcik, Slovakia, where my husband's
      ancestors are from

      I wrote down the number of the LDS films and went to
      my local Family History Center [I am not Mormon] and
      ordered copies of the tapes, microfiche. It cost
      about $3.00 apiece. You can keep them at the center
      for a few weeks and read them on their microfiche
      readers.

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com