Re: [S-R] Baptisms, Slovakia, 1891, some random records.

  • Tbeiceman@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2003
      Hi,
      I haven't been doing much researching in the past year. I've experienced a
      terrible loss, my husband passd away and I am still depressed about his death.
      Saw Catherine Skapura message about baptisms and am interested where she got
      the information. Both my parents were born in 1891. A relpy would really be
      welcomed and appreciated.

      Thanks,

      Theresa Eiceman

    • Catherine Skapura
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 29, 2003
        Hello,

        First I looked in the library of films that the LDS
        has in its genealogical library in Utah, but going to
        this website: http://www.familysearch.org/
        Click on Family History Library System.
        Then click on Family History Library Catalog, at the
        top of the page.
        Then in my case, I clicked on Place Search, and
        searched for Hnilcik, Slovakia, where my husband's
        ancestors are from

        I wrote down the number of the LDS films and went to
        my local Family History Center [I am not Mormon] and
        ordered copies of the tapes, microfiche. It cost
        about $3.00 apiece. You can keep them at the center
        for a few weeks and read them on their microfiche
        readers.

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com