Re: [S-R] Re: ZADJAR

  • Ursula Greene
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 29, 2003
      Thanks for your help Frank. What great detective work. I will follow up. So much for which to be grateful. Ursula

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 29, 2003
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ursula Greene <ugreene@o...>
        wrote:
        > Thanks for your help Frank. What great detective work. I will
        follow up. So much for which to be grateful. Ursula

        The Slovakia telephone directory lists 2 surnames Blas^c^ák under
        Z^diar, Slovakia.
        Slovak diacritic letter s^ pron. sh and c^ pron. ch.

        In 1901, a Victoria Blascak, b. abt. 1885, emigrated to U.S.
        Her Last Residence ? (looks like a mangled spelling and
        pron. (sounds like) Szepes (H)
        She went to her uncle whose surname looks like a Slovak spelling
        of a Polish surname Skrzekowsky ? in Boston MA.

        Frank Kurcina

      • Ursula Greene
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 30, 2003
          Hi Frank -- Thanks for the sleuth work on Victoria BLASCAK. She was my paternal g-grandmother, married to Adam KLIMEK, and was likely (?) born in the 1840s or 1850s. A daughter of that union, Maria KLIMEK (my father's mother), was born in Bela in 1887, so it is possible Victoria BLASCAK was born in the Spis/Szepes area as well. Interesting that another Victoria Blascak shows up, curiously close in age to Maria KLIMEK, also in Szepes. Curioser and curioser... Thanks again. How fortunate to have good people willing to help. Ursula

          > Thanks for your help Frank. What great detective work. I will
          follow up. So much for which to be grateful. Ursula

          The Slovakia telephone directory lists 2 surnames Blas^c^ák under
          Z^diar, Slovakia.
          Slovak diacritic letter s^ pron. sh and c^ pron. ch.

          In 1901, a Victoria Blascak, b. abt. 1885, emigrated to U.S.
          Her Last Residence ? (looks like a mangled spelling and
          pron. (sounds like) Szepes (H)
          She went to her uncle whose surname looks like a Slovak spelling
          of a Polish surname Skrzekowsky ? in Boston MA.

          Frank Kurcina

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Thomas Reimer
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 31, 2003
            Not really, there were so many cousins at any given time in that small town. But its not has bad as Eisdorf--in each generation, always 4 or 5 Matthias and Johann Alexy, often born from fathers with the same names as well.

            Thomas
            Hi Frank -- Thanks for the sleuth work on Victoria BLASCAK. She was my paternal g-grandmother, married to Adam KLIMEK, and was likely (?) born in the 1840s or 1850s. A daughter of that union, Maria KLIMEK (my father's mother), was born in Bela in 1887, so it is possible Victoria BLASCAK was born in the Spis/Szepes area as well. Interesting that another Victoria Blascak shows up, curiously close in age to Maria KLIMEK, also in Szepes. Curioser and curioser... Thanks again. How fortunate to have good people willing to help. Ursula

            > Thanks for your help Frank. What great detective work. I will
            follow up. So much for which to be grateful. Ursula

            The Slovakia telephone directory lists 2 surnames Blas^c^ák under
            Z^diar, Slovakia.
            Slovak diacritic letter s^ pron. sh and c^ pron. ch.

            In 1901, a Victoria Blascak, b. abt. 1885, emigrated to U.S.
            Her Last Residence ? (looks like a mangled spelling and
            pron. (sounds like) Szepes (H)
            She went to her uncle whose surname looks like a Slovak spelling
            of a Polish surname Skrzekowsky ? in Boston MA.

            Frank Kurcina

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • William F Brna
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 31, 2003
              In searching for my mother's ancestors, I found so many who not only had
              the same first name, but the same last name. In fact, in 1832, a
              Josephus Kovalik married a Maria Kovalik.

              Bill Brna

              Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!