Re: ZADJAR

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 29, 2003
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "greenestamps2003" <ugreene@o...>
      wrote:
      > Well, with such a-m-a-z-i-n-g help forthcoming on "Obidza", can I
      push
      > my luck and ask for help locating ZADJAR? Adamus KLIMEK was from
      > Obidza and married Victoria BLASCAK who was said to be born in or
      was
      > from ZADJAR. Does anyone know the location of this town? I have had
      > no luck locating it with MapQuest. Also, could someone suggest how
      > pronounce ZADJAR phonetically? Is this a Hungarian, a Slovak or a
      > Polish name? The same suggestion would be appreciated for OBIDZA.
      > Again, many thanks. Ursula

      ahoj

      The surname Blascak is found in Slovakia in Spis^ z^upa.
      Zadjar is most likely Z^diar (Sk) Zsár (H) which is located 163 miles
      ENE of Bratislava and SW of Nowy Targ (P) at the current Polish border
      with Slovakia.

      Was Victoria born in 1892/1895/1889 ?

      How are you ? English

      Hogy Van ? Hungarian

      Ako sa más^ ? Slovak

      Jak sie masz ? Polish

      In Hungraian and Slavic languages the letter j is pron. y.

      The LDS-Mormons have filmed the R.C . parish church records
      (1741-1913)for Z^diar, Slovakia; formerly known as Zsár, Szepes
      megye (county),Hungary.

      Text in Latin and Hungarian.

      film #
      1791928
      1791929
      1791916
      1791917

      (Only the film titles are in Slovak)
      In Slovak the matriky (parish church records)
      Krstení = Baptisms (Christenings)
      Sobás^ení = Marriages
      Zomrelí = Deaths

      In Hungarian the matriky are titled
      Anyakönyvek.
      Halottak Anyakönyve = Death Records

      In Latin the matriky are titled matricula.
      Matricula Baptisatorum = Baptism Records
      Matricula Copulatorum = Marriage Records
      Matricula Defunctorum = Death Records

      Frank