Re: [S-R] Brestovany

  • squinch42
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 27, 2003
      Does the marriage record show a different place associated with his
      name? You might also check the 1869 census to see if he's there that
      early and if he is, the "origin" name might suggest where he came
      from if a town name is given.

      One of my female ancestors married a guy who matches your situation.
      The census provided me with a Lemko village only 5 miles north of the
      Tatras that proved to be key path to his family line. Now I have only
      two more lucky finds to make.

      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "tskvarenina" <tskvarenina@y...>