Re: [S-R] New Member 1st Posting looking For Help ! Surnames ODCHODNICKY,JURENKA; villages of TURALUKA and VRBOVEC

  • Caye Caswick
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 25, 2003
      An Odchodnicky used to work here -- contact me privately for more information -- I live in Chicago but my prior co-worker had relatives out east.

      Caye

      William F Brna <wfbrna@...> wrote:
      Bill,

      You say that the records are not in the State Archives, but in the local
      registry office. I can understand this with respect to birth and death
      records, but would not the churches still maintain Baptismal and Marriage
      records? Would it not be possible to write to the church to obtain, at
      least the name and date of baptism or marriage? I had contacted the LSD
      and obtained the records from them for my father's family up to the year,
      1952, though this was an anomaly.

      Bill Brna