Re: [S-R] Re: Surname Komjathy

  • ROZ K ERHARDT
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16, 2003
      Dear Frank, thanks so much for the information. I checked the LDS web
      site and the films you recommended are for:
      Reformed church parish registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths for
      Humenné, Slovakia, formerly Homonna, Zemplén, Hungary. Text in Hungarian.
      I was looking for szina,AbuajTorna, Hungary.
      I'm sorry I said it was in Zemplen megye, but it is in AbuajTorna.
      I have the rolls 1924885 & 886 already on indefinite but i was hoping to
      find out more info after 1854 for Szina and find out why my GGrandfather
      left Szina,his birth place DOB:1833, and went to Puspokladany.
      Thank you so much for your input, and keep those leads on Komjathys
      coming please.

      Thanks, r

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 16, 2003
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, ROZ K ERHARDT <rkerhardt@j...>
        wrote:
        > Dear Frank, thanks so much for the information. I checked the LDS
        web
        > site and the films you recommended are for:
        > Reformed church parish registers of baptisms, marriages and deaths
        for
        > Humenné, Slovakia, formerly Homonna, Zemplén, Hungary. Text in
        Hungarian.
        > I was looking for szina,AbuajTorna, Hungary.
        > I'm sorry I said it was in Zemplen megye, but it is in AbuajTorna.

        As I had written the LDS Reformed parish church registers (1871-1895
        only) for Humenné, Kamenica nad Cirochou, Stropkov, and Snina (Sk)
        Szina (H) were all included under Humenné (Sk) Hommona (H)
        Obviously the records before 1871 were not included.

        And the LDS R.C. parish church records (1844-1895) for Szina (H) were
        listed under Snina (Sk)rather than under Humenné.

        Pre-WW I Humenné was located in Zemplén megye .

        Frank K
      • ROZ K ERHARDT
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 16, 2003
          Dear Frank,
          I am afraid there are two Szinas or Szinnas, in Hungary during that
          period. I believe one was in Zemplen megye and the other the one where my
          Komjathys lived is in AbaujTorna megye. I will research this further to
          make sure, and if they are one and the same i can order the rolls you
          suggested as well.
          It is very confusing for me when the new governments not only
          change the name of the country but the counties as well, because I think
          I remember that Zemplen & AbuajTorna megyes were later on combined into
          one county !
          So i need to double check the years involved and make sure the Szina
          rolls you recommended are the ones that would involve my Family.
          Thanks for your patience with me, rozalia