Re: 'A newbie asks' response - Kevin Fosko

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2003
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Diane T <mzplum_2000@y...> wrote:
      > On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Kevin Fosko wrote:
      >
      > "Diane,
      >
      > You can order the Saint Louis City directories from the FHC. They
      have them on microfilm there up until 1896. For later, try the St.
      Louis public library.

      > Kevin"

      The name of church I don't know.
      LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. parish church records (1773-1889)
      for Zlatá Idka.
      Text in Latin and Hungarian.

      Zlatá Idka was formerly Aranyidka, Abauj-Torna megye, Hungary.
      Arany means 'gold' in Hungarian.
      Zlatá means 'gold' in Slovak.
      Hence, Zlatá Idka in Slovak.

      Former gold mining area.

      http://216.239.37.104/search?q=cache:A_F0O-uWBSAJ:www.kosice.sk/kosice
      /pres/surround/kh.htm+Zlata+Idka&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

      Frank K

    • Kevin Fosko
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11, 2003
        Frank,

        Thank you for the info on the town name. I didn't know it was a former gold-mining area.

        P.S. since I am a 'newbie,' what is the etiquette on responding to a person when the comment doesn't necessarily pertain to the whole group - should I still respond through slovak-roots, or to the person's individual email?

        Kevin

        Frank <frankur@...> wrote:
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Diane T <mzplum_2000@y...> wrote:
        > On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Kevin Fosko wrote:
        >
        > "Diane,
        >
        > You can order the Saint Louis City directories from the FHC. They
        have them on microfilm there up until 1896. For later, try the St.
        Louis public library.

        > Kevin"

        The name of church I don't know.
        LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. parish church records (1773-1889)
        for Zlat� Idka.
        Text in Latin and Hungarian.

        Zlat� Idka was formerly Aranyidka, Abauj-Torna megye, Hungary.
        Arany means 'gold' in Hungarian.
        Zlat� means 'gold' in Slovak.
        Hence, Zlat� Idka in Slovak.

        Former gold mining area.

        http://216.239.37.104/search?q=cache:A_F0O-uWBSAJ:www.kosice.sk/kosice
        /pres/surround/kh.htm+Zlata+Idka&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

        Frank K

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 22, 2003
          The Roman Catholic Church in Zlatá Idka is called "All Saints" and founded
          in 1773, church building constructed in 1786.

          ______________
          Bill Tarkulich

          > You can order the Saint Louis City directories from the FHC. They
          have them on microfilm there up until 1896. For later, try the St.
          Louis public library.

          > Kevin"

          The name of church I don't know.
          LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. parish church records (1773-1889) for Zlatá
          Idka. Text in Latin and Hungarian.

          Zlatá Idka was formerly Aranyidka, Abauj-Torna megye, Hungary. Arany means
          'gold' in Hungarian. Zlatá means 'gold' in Slovak. Hence, Zlatá Idka in
          Slovak.

          Former gold mining area.

          http://216.239.37.104/search?q=cache:A_F0O-uWBSAJ:www.kosice.sk/kosice
          /pres/surround/kh.htm+Zlata+Idka&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

          Frank K

          Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer
          at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
          http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/FvNolB/TM