Re: 'A newbie asks' response - Kevin Fosko

  • Diane T
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2003
      On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Kevin Fosko wrote:

      "Diane,

      You can order the Saint Louis City directories from the FHC. They have them on microfilm there up until 1896. For later, try the St. Louis public library.

      Kevin"

      Kevin.....thanks for the tip.....I'll be following up on it!!!

      Many thanks to all who have posted info to me. You are really a
      very helpful group!!!

      Diane

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 10, 2003
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Diane T <mzplum_2000@y...> wrote:
        > On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Kevin Fosko wrote:
        >
        > "Diane,
        >
        > You can order the Saint Louis City directories from the FHC. They
        have them on microfilm there up until 1896. For later, try the St.
        Louis public library.

        > Kevin"

        The name of church I don't know.
        LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. parish church records (1773-1889)
        for Zlatá Idka.
        Text in Latin and Hungarian.

        Zlatá Idka was formerly Aranyidka, Abauj-Torna megye, Hungary.
        Arany means 'gold' in Hungarian.
        Zlatá means 'gold' in Slovak.
        Hence, Zlatá Idka in Slovak.

        Former gold mining area.

        http://216.239.37.104/search?q=cache:A_F0O-uWBSAJ:www.kosice.sk/kosice
        /pres/surround/kh.htm+Zlata+Idka&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

        Frank K

      • Kevin Fosko
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 11, 2003
          Frank,

          Thank you for the info on the town name. I didn't know it was a former gold-mining area.

          P.S. since I am a 'newbie,' what is the etiquette on responding to a person when the comment doesn't necessarily pertain to the whole group - should I still respond through slovak-roots, or to the person's individual email?

          Kevin

          Frank <frankur@...> wrote:
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Diane T <mzplum_2000@y...> wrote:
          > On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, Kevin Fosko wrote:
          >
          > "Diane,
          >
          > You can order the Saint Louis City directories from the FHC. They
          have them on microfilm there up until 1896. For later, try the St.
          Louis public library.

          > Kevin"

          The name of church I don't know.
          LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. parish church records (1773-1889)
          for Zlat� Idka.
          Text in Latin and Hungarian.

          Zlat� Idka was formerly Aranyidka, Abauj-Torna megye, Hungary.
          Arany means 'gold' in Hungarian.
          Zlat� means 'gold' in Slovak.
          Hence, Zlat� Idka in Slovak.

          Former gold mining area.

          http://216.239.37.104/search?q=cache:A_F0O-uWBSAJ:www.kosice.sk/kosice
          /pres/surround/kh.htm+Zlata+Idka&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

          Frank K

          Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 22, 2003
            The Roman Catholic Church in Zlatá Idka is called "All Saints" and founded
            in 1773, church building constructed in 1786.

            ______________
            Bill Tarkulich

            > You can order the Saint Louis City directories from the FHC. They
            have them on microfilm there up until 1896. For later, try the St.
            Louis public library.

            > Kevin"

            The name of church I don't know.
            LDS-Mormons filmed the R.C. parish church records (1773-1889) for Zlatá
            Idka. Text in Latin and Hungarian.

            Zlatá Idka was formerly Aranyidka, Abauj-Torna megye, Hungary. Arany means
            'gold' in Hungarian. Zlatá means 'gold' in Slovak. Hence, Zlatá Idka in
            Slovak.

            Former gold mining area.

            http://216.239.37.104/search?q=cache:A_F0O-uWBSAJ:www.kosice.sk/kosice
            /pres/surround/kh.htm+Zlata+Idka&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

            Frank K

            Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer
            at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
            http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/FvNolB/TM