Re: [S-R] Re: A newbie asks.......thanks for your responses

  • Kevin Fosko
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2003
      Diane,

      You can order the Saint Louis City directories from the FHC. They have them on microfilm there up until 1896. For later, try the St. Louis public library.

      Kevin

      Diane T <mzplum_2000@...> wrote:

      Thanks to Frank Kurcina and Bill Tarkulich for all their help
      and suggestions. There is a Family History Center that just
      opened this month a couple towns over from us, so I'll be
      going there next week to check out those microfilms.

      In 1901, Wilhelm (William) was age 14, and we believe he
      went to his brother's house (my grandfather's house), but
      we do not yet have an address in St. Louis MO. Does the
      Family History Centers also have copies of old city directories?

      I also wrote to the St. Louis recorder of deeds, and am
      expecting copies of grandparents' application and marriage
      license to arrive any day now. Hopefully, there may be some
      info on them that will be helpful, too. I have reason to believe
      they were married in the same church my new hubby and I
      were, as was his gr-grandparents!! Have written to the pastor
      there, and am awaiting a response from him.

      So many needles, and so many haystacks!!! I think I'm becoming
      obsessed with this!!!

      Thanks again!!!

      Diane

      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT