hi

  • Jeanann Jameson
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6 2:09 AM
      hi i just heard from another member of your group. i
      was replying to emails the wrong way. thanks didn't
      no. will do better in the future. jeanann

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Jeanann Jameson
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 29 1:22 AM
        hi i came accross these names when i was doing
        research on my grandfather RAk and i don't no if they
        are towns or what so if you can please tell me what
        they are and where are they.
        Torokbalint, Nagybobroc, Hercegkut, Lakompak,
        Szombathely, Bacs-Bodrog, Baranya, Fejer, Tolna,and
        Veszprem. thank-you for your help. jeanann

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 29 4:08 AM
          Jeanann,
          try this website. some of the names you mentioned are on this index of maps.
          Noreen
          http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 29 6:12 AM
            These are all old hungary county and place names except for one,
            Nagybobroc which is in Slovakia. I recommend you consult a Hungary
            research group for more information.

            Bacs-Bodrog, Baranya, Fejer, Tolna,and Veszprem are old, pre-1918
            obsolete county names
            see http://www.bogardi.com/gen/g104.shtml and
            http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/vmlista.htm
            They are all in present-day Hungary.

            Torokbalint, I Pest-Pillis-Solt-Kis-kun county, Biai district - present
            day Hungary

            Nagybobroc, Lipto county - present day BOBROVEC Slovakia,

            Hercegkut, old Zemplen County, Sarospataki district (which doesn't seem
            right, but I didn't have time to look further), other names
            Trautzonfalva, Trautsonsdorf - couldn't find it but it's not in
            slovakia, so it is probably in Hungary.

            Lakompak is in Sopron megye (county) see
            http://www.bogardi.com/gen/g147.shtml in present-day Hungary (s. of
            Bratislava, Slovakia)

            Szombathely old Vas megye (county) see
            http://www.bogardi.com/gen/g163.shtml in present-day Hungary

            ______________
            Bill Tarkulich

            source Magyar Helysegnev-azonosito Szotar, Talma Konyvkiado, 1996.

            Good Luck,
            Bill Tarkulich

            hi i came accross these names when i was doing
            research on my grandfather RAk and i don't no if they
            are towns or what so if you can please tell me what
            they are and where are they.
            Torokbalint, Nagybobroc, Hercegkut, Lakompak,
            Szombathely, Bacs-Bodrog, Baranya, Fejer, Tolna,and
            Veszprem. thank-you for your help. jeanann

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Alan Antoska
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 30 5:40 AM
              Jeanann,
              I have distant relatives called RAK living in Smrecany, a
              village very close to Bobrovec. Both hamlets are located
              in the district of Liptovsky Mikulas.

              You may wish to contact me direct to swap notes.

              --- Jeanann Jameson <jjeanann2000@...> wrote: > hi
              i came accross these names when i was doing
              > research on my grandfather RAk and i don't no if they
              > are towns or what so if you can please tell me what
              > they are and where are they.
              > Torokbalint, Nagybobroc, Hercegkut, Lakompak,
              > Szombathely, Bacs-Bodrog, Baranya, Fejer, Tolna,and
              > Veszprem. thank-you for your help. jeanann

              =====
              May a kind Providence prosper your efforts.
              Regards / ciao / S pozdravom,
              Alan

              http://search.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Search
            • Jeanann Jameson
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 19, 2006
                hi everyone hope you all have a great holiday season jean