Re: [S-R] RC Church records

  • Kevin Fosko
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2003
      Marge,

      Replying to your email late, but I know a (Fr.) John Pavlik who lives in Pittsburgh. He could be related to you. If you think he is, I can get you his contact info.

      Kevin Fosko

      Mebjwb@... wrote:
      Hi,
      I am still researching Pavlik and Olsavsky. I have just completed going
      through films at the LDS History Center on RC church records for Hazin and the
      1869 census records. I did not locate anyone who ,I think , could be related
      to my grandparents, either Pavliks or Olsavskys.

      However I did locate the original ship manifest for grandmother returning to
      Pittsburgh, PA in 1905 from Haslin.(This image is missing on the EIDB on the
      Internet). Even though I suspect Hazin might really be the correct town of
      origin, I would like to investigate the records for Haslin, just east of
      Bardejov, and northeast of Presov.

      Can anyone tell me if the LDS Church filmed RC church records for Haslin, and
      do you have the correct film number?

      Are there any filmed census records for Haslin?

      Your advice or information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

      Marge B.

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 18, 2003
        Hi,

        I am planning to order some films from the LDS History Center for church
        records for Michalovce, Zemplen, SK. There seem to be three different sets
        offered, two of which I am considering.

        Can you tell me the difference between Slovakia, Michalovce-Church records
        (films 1792624 and 1792625) and Slovakia, Senne' (Michalovce) - Church records
        (films 1793682 abd 1793683). They seem to cover different time periods. Are
        they for the same area?

        Thanks for your help.

        Marge B.

      • Frank
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 18, 2003
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Mebjwb@a... wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I am planning to order some films from the LDS History Center for
          church
          > records for Michalovce, Zemplen, SK. There seem to be three
          different sets
          > offered, two of which I am considering.
          >
          > Can you tell me the difference between Slovakia, Michalovce-Church
          records
          > (films 1792624 and 1792625) and Slovakia, Senne' (Michalovce) -
          Church records
          > (films 1793682 abd 1793683). They seem to cover different time
          periods. Are
          > they for the same area?
          >
          > Thanks for your help.
          >
          > Marge B.

          Think it was just a LDS film numbering problem.

          film #

          1792624

          items 1-3 Lutheran church records (1830-1903) for Mernik, Slovakia

          items 4-5 R.C. parish church records (1826-1899) for Michalovce,
          Slovakia

          1792625