Re: [S-R] new

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 3, 2003
      At 08:34 PM 8/3/2003 -0700, you wrote:
      >hi i just talked to my older brother he has been
      >checking out stuff also. he says my grandfather Andras
      >RAk is from Lacarak,Hungary and my grandmother is from
      >Mitrovica Austria and they were only a few miles
      >apart. i have another question. does anyone no what
      >the name for Veronica is German, Hungarian, Slovakian
      >whatever. anyhow you have been a great help i do want
      >to thank all of you. jeanann

      ENGLISH Czech. French German Hungarian Italian Polish
      Slovakian Russian
      Veronica Veronika Berenice Veronike . .
      Nika Verona .
      Berenice Veronique
      Wera Veronika
      Bernice
      Weronika Veronka

      John M
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 4, 2003
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jeanann Jameson
        <jjeanann2000@y...> wrote:
        > hi i just talked to my older brother he has been
        > checking out stuff also. he says my grandfather Andras
        > RAk is from Lacarak,Hungary and my grandmother is from
        > Mitrovica Austria and they were only a few miles
        > apart. i have another question. does anyone no what
        > the name for Veronica is German, Hungarian, Slovakian
        > whatever. anyhow you have been a great help i do want
        > to thank all of you. jeanann
        > --- Paul Yurtinus <elmerville2@y...> wrote:

        As Bill Tarkulich wrote Lacarak and Macvanska Mitrovica are located in
        Serbia not Slovakia.

        John M described various versions of first name Veronica.
        Vroni (Froney) is also a German diminutive form of Veronica/Veronika
        which was Jeanann's ancestor's name.

        Andrew (English)
        András (Hungarian)
        Andreas (German)
        Andrej/Ondrej (Slovak)
        Andrej (Czech, Slovene)
        Andrija (Croatian/Serbian)

        Frank K

        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 4, 2003
          hi just wanted to say thank-you. jeanann

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 4, 2003
            thank-you all of you have been alot of help jeanann

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 4, 2003
              thank-ou john. jeanann

              http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com