Re: [S-R] new

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 3 10:32 PM
      At 08:34 PM 8/3/2003 -0700, you wrote:
      >hi i just talked to my older brother he has been
      >checking out stuff also. he says my grandfather Andras
      >RAk is from Lacarak,Hungary and my grandmother is from
      >Mitrovica Austria and they were only a few miles
      >apart. i have another question. does anyone no what
      >the name for Veronica is German, Hungarian, Slovakian
      >whatever. anyhow you have been a great help i do want
      >to thank all of you. jeanann

      ENGLISH Czech. French German Hungarian Italian Polish
      Slovakian Russian
      Veronica Veronika Berenice Veronike . .
      Nika Verona .
      Berenice Veronique
      Wera Veronika
      Bernice
      Weronika Veronka

      John M
    • Vladimir Bohinc
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 3 11:03 PM
        German short for Veronica is Vroni , read Frony.
        Vladimir

        > hi i just talked to my older brother he has been
        > checking out stuff also. he says my grandfather Andras
        > RAk is from Lacarak,Hungary and my grandmother is from
        > Mitrovica Austria and they were only a few miles
        > apart. i have another question. does anyone no what
        > the name for Veronica is German, Hungarian, Slovakian
        > whatever. anyhow you have been a great help i do want
        > to thank all of you. jeanann
        > --- Paul Yurtinus <elmerville2@...> wrote:
        > > Jeanann,
        > >
        > > Golly, it would be so much easier if you knew the
        > > Village name from which your ancestors came.
        > > There are people on this site that have access to
        > > maps from old Austria-Hungary which could help.
        > > I'll check some of the records available - get back
        > > to the forum.
        > >
        > > Paul
        > >
        > > Jeanann Jameson <jjeanann2000@...> wrote:
        > > hi i am jeanann and i'm new to this list. i am
        > > looking
        > > for information about my great gradparents, froney
        > > stranc married to stephan yellenburger(last name
        > > spelled by how my mother said it) and any
        > > information
        > > about my grandfather andres rak. i have been told
        > > they
        > > are from austria, hungary chez., poland, yugoslavia.
        > > at this point i don't no. i have checked ellis
        > > island,
        > > ancestry.com and genealogy there is no record of any
        > > of these people. some of the towns my mother has
        > > mentiond are lacarak,mikitovich,macvanska, and
        > > hesse.
        > > if anyone no's of these people or towns maybe you
        > > can
        > > help or direct me in the right direction. thanks for
        > > letting me be part of your group. jeanann

        > > send blank email to

        > > Terms of Service.

        > > removed]

      • Frank
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 4 6:12 AM
          --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jeanann Jameson
          <jjeanann2000@y...> wrote:
          > hi i just talked to my older brother he has been
          > checking out stuff also. he says my grandfather Andras
          > RAk is from Lacarak,Hungary and my grandmother is from
          > Mitrovica Austria and they were only a few miles
          > apart. i have another question. does anyone no what
          > the name for Veronica is German, Hungarian, Slovakian
          > whatever. anyhow you have been a great help i do want
          > to thank all of you. jeanann
          > --- Paul Yurtinus <elmerville2@y...> wrote:

          As Bill Tarkulich wrote Lacarak and Macvanska Mitrovica are located in
          Serbia not Slovakia.

          John M described various versions of first name Veronica.
          Vroni (Froney) is also a German diminutive form of Veronica/Veronika
          which was Jeanann's ancestor's name.

          Andrew (English)
          András (Hungarian)
          Andreas (German)
          Andrej/Ondrej (Slovak)
          Andrej (Czech, Slovene)
          Andrija (Croatian/Serbian)

          Frank K

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 4 8:44 PM
            hi just wanted to say thank-you. jeanann

            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 4 8:46 PM
              thank-you all of you have been alot of help jeanann

              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 4 8:51 PM
                thank-ou john. jeanann

                http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com