Re: [S-R] RC Church records

  • nhasior@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
      In a message dated 8/1/03 10:06:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Mebjwb@...
      writes:

      > I would like to investigate the records for Haslin, just east of
      > Bardejov, and northeast of Presov.

      Dear Marge,
      it would seem that there is no record for the town spelled Haslin. i cannot
      find it on a map just east of Bardejov. i know how you feel about searching
      in the wrong town. my grandmother's place of birth was listed as a town that
      actually does exist but no one lives there. it was called Lublofurdo on the
      record. she actually came from Lubicke Kupele. i spent years spinning my
      wheels. there is a Hazlin according to <A HREF="www.calle.com">www.calle.com</A>
      Noreen

    • John M,
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
        At 07:02 PM 8/3/2003 -0400, you wrote:
        >In a message dated 8/1/03 10:06:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Mebjwb@...
        >writes:
        >
        > > I would like to investigate the records for Haslin, just east of
        > > Bardejov, and northeast of Presov.

        Haslin is now known as Haz^lin. RC records are with the Haz^lin records.

        Do a search on Haz^lin at:

        John M
      • Mebjwb@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
          Dear Noreen,

          I stand corrected. The ship manifest lists the town of residence for
          grandmother, her three children and four other passengers as Haslin. I see on the
          map that it is spelled Hazlin and looks midway between Bardojov and Svidnik.

          Thanks for catching my error. I am now looking for RC church records and
          Census records for Hazlin.

          Would really appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.

          Marge B.

        • Mebjwb@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 4, 2003
            Dear John M,

            Thanks for your response to my inquiry. I will do as you suggest and hope I
            am successful in my search.

            Marge B.