Re: [S-R] new

  • Paul Yurtinus
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 1, 2003
      Jeanann,

      Golly, it would be so much easier if you knew the Village name from which your ancestors came.
      There are people on this site that have access to maps from old Austria-Hungary which could help.
      I'll check some of the records available - get back to the forum.

      Paul

      Jeanann Jameson <jjeanann2000@...> wrote:
      hi i am jeanann and i'm new to this list. i am looking
      for information about my great gradparents, froney
      stranc married to stephan yellenburger(last name
      spelled by how my mother said it) and any information
      about my grandfather andres rak. i have been told they
      are from austria, hungary chez., poland, yugoslavia.
      at this point i don't no. i have checked ellis island,
      ancestry.com and genealogy there is no record of any
      of these people. some of the towns my mother has
      mentiond are lacarak,mikitovich,macvanska, and hesse.
      if anyone no's of these people or towns maybe you can
      help or direct me in the right direction. thanks for
      letting me be part of your group. jeanann

    • Jeanann Jameson
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 1, 2003
        hi not knowing the village is only one big problem i
        have. i don't no how to spell my grandmothers name i
        only no how my mother said yellenburger and i do no my
        great grandmother froney(?)spelling not sure but it
        means veronica her maiden name was stranc and she
        married a stephan yellenburger but agin i don't no how
        to spell it veronica may have come from hesse but i am
        not sure. thank-you jeanann
        --- Paul Yurtinus <elmerville2@...> wrote:
        > Jeanann,
        >
        > Golly, it would be so much easier if you knew the
        > Village name from which your ancestors came.
        > There are people on this site that have access to
        > maps from old Austria-Hungary which could help.
        > I'll check some of the records available - get back
        > to the forum.
        >
        > Paul
        >
        > Jeanann Jameson <jjeanann2000@...> wrote:
        > hi i am jeanann and i'm new to this list. i am
        > looking
        > for information about my great gradparents, froney
        > stranc married to stephan yellenburger(last name
        > spelled by how my mother said it) and any
        > information
        > about my grandfather andres rak. i have been told
        > they
        > are from austria, hungary chez., poland, yugoslavia.
        > at this point i don't no. i have checked ellis
        > island,
        > ancestry.com and genealogy there is no record of any
        > of these people. some of the towns my mother has
        > mentiond are lacarak,mikitovich,macvanska, and
        > hesse.
        > if anyone no's of these people or towns maybe you
        > can
        > help or direct me in the right direction. thanks for
        > letting me be part of your group. jeanann

        > send blank email to

        > Terms of Service.

        > removed]

        http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Jeanann Jameson
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 1, 2003
          hi sorry to bother you again but my grandmother
          magdalena yellenburger(?) was married to a older man
          who was a soldier and he died in a war. she was born
          in 1883 or 1884 and her first husbond used to swim
          accross the river to get her watermellon he died in
          whatever war was going on. she might have been a teen
          ager at the time of her first marriage and i don't no
          that name either. all of this is why i'm having so
          much trouble finding out anything. the sabe river has
          been mentioned and the river is accross from macvanska
          does that help? jeanann

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 2, 2003
            You will really need to establish your GPs place of birth if you want to
            make any progress.
            Some places you can find that in include:
            1. Social Security Application (if working 1936+) What year(s) did they
            die?
            2. Immigration records (you should petition the INS for their records -
            what approx. year did they immigrate?
            3. Church records in the US - marriage (were they married in the US?)
            birth records of their children (not on the certificates, but in the
            church record book)
            Have you done any of the above? You really should, because you need
            some solid evidence of their birthplace before you reach across the pond
            to start looking deeply. Hate to see you in the wrong country!
            I have found US census and death certificates to be generally un-helpful
            with regard to place of birth.

            It is helpful to estimate:
            - year of birth, marriage, death, immigration
            - do you have any sense of the ethnicity of each GP. It seems like the
            GF might be German and the GM be another?
            - initial destination upon arrival in America
            Given the wide range of countries being guessed at, it is productive to
            know: What language did they speak? What religion were they? More
            info posted is better than less info at this point.

            In using www.ellisisland.org have you utilized Steve Morse's One-step
            pages, which let you search by sounds-like names?
            http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ Use the short form.

            Now, you have suggested the following town names:
            lacarak,mikitovich,macvanska, and hesse. You can use
            http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/loctown.htm to search for
            sounds-like names.
            Some possibilities include:
            LACARAK 4500 1934 N Serbia 47.1 miles WNW of Belgrade (there is an
            unspecified river nearby) This village was in Austria-Hungary until
            1918 and spelled the same way by the Hungarians.

            A shetetlseeker proximity search
            http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/locrad.htm yields:
            LACARAK 4500 1934 N Serbia 0.0 miles N
            PACARAK 4500 1934 V Serbia 0.0 miles N
            MACVANSKA MITROVICA 4458 1936 N Serbia 2.8 miles SE
            MALA MITROVICA 4458 1936 V Serbia 2.8 miles SE
            MITROVICA 4458 1936 V Serbia 2.8 miles SE
            SRPSKI MITROVICA 4458 1936 V Serbia 2.8 miles SE
            MITROVIC 4458 1937 V Serbia 3.4 miles SE
            MITROVITZA 4458 1937 V Serbia 3.4 miles SE
            MITROWITZ 4458 1937 V Serbia 3.4 miles SE

            I think you'll see that MACVANSKA and MITROWITZ are nearby. In fact,
            right across the river is a village named MACVANSKA MITROVICA. That may
            be an ringer for you. So you had the spelling a bit off on MITROWITZ
            but that's all part of the plan. Now remember, you can use Morse's
            1-step to search on specific village names:
            29 Rack,Andrija Lacarak 1906 27 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            675 Rak,Adam Lacarak, Croatia 1913 4 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            676 Rak,Anna Lacsarak, Hung 1907 22 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            677 Rak,Petar Lacarek, Slavonia, Hung. 1907 29 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            678 Rak,Suzana Lacarak, Croatia 1913 32 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            679 Rak,Terezia Lacsarak, Hung 1907 0 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            680

            In fact, there are 41 entries from LACARAK (not even considering the
            spelling variations). I would review them all for clues:
            1 Acimovic,Mijo Lacarak 1905 33 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            2 Adamovic,Lorka Lacarak, Hungary 1910 21 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            3 Balint,Ferencz Lacarak, Hungary 1911 45 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            4 Bogic,Stevab Lacarak, Hungary 1912 35 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            5 Celjuk,Janko Lacarak 1905 41 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            6 Fradl,Peter Lacarak, Austria 1909 35 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            7 Fraidl,Anton Lacarak, Hungary 1911 17 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            8 Fraidl,Peter Lacarak, Hungary 1911 36 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            9 Frandl,Josef Lacarak, Hungary 1912 32 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            10 Gjurkov,Simo Lacarak, Croatia 1912 21 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            11 Gjurkov,Vaso Lacarak, Croatia 1912 24 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            12 Hammer,Georg Lacarak, Austria 1909 30 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            13 Homer,Petar Lacarak, Hungary 1912 35 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            14 Hrujakovics,Rada Lacarak, Ungary or Hungary 1910 28 Passenger
            Record Text Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            15 Jankovic,Creja Lacarak, Hungary 1910 41 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            16 Kockar,Zivan Lacarak 1903 36 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            17 Krizsak,Mihaly Lacarak, Hungary 1911 46 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            18 Lazic,Slavko Lacarak, Hungary 1914 16 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            19 Milkovic,Roska Lacarak, Hungary 1913 32 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            20 Molnar,Juliana Lacarak, Hungary 1910 24 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            21 Molnar,Nucka Lacarak, Hungary 1910 14 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            22 Molnar,Sandor Lacarak, Hungary 1910 37 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            23 Muller,Matija Lacarak 1903 37 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            24 Nikolic,Milinko Lacarak, Hungary 1914 27 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            25 Obrovacki,Johan Lacarak, Ungary or Hungary 1910 27 Passenger
            Record Text Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            26 Petrovic,Nilola Lacarak 1905 31 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            27 Prokopovic,Andrya Lacarak, Croatia 1913 44 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            28 Prokopovic,Stefan Lacarak 1903 25 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            29 Rack,Andrija Lacarak 1906 27 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            30 Rak,Adam Lacarak, Croatia 1913 4 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            31 Rak,Suzana Lacarak, Croatia 1913 32 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            32 Smidt,Franc Lacarak, Hungary 1912 27 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            33 Stekovic,Stefan Lacarak, Hungary 1914 44 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            34 Sztakics,Nikodim Lacarak, Hung 1909 32 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            35 Teodorovic,Zivan Lacarak, Hungary 1910 25 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            36 Vitasovic,Bzanko Lacarak, Hungary 1910 25 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            37 Vlodisa...,Veselin Lacarak 1903 44 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            Lacsarak
            1 Antal,Szabo Lacsarak 1907 38 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            2 Babinszki,Andras Lacsarak 1907 28 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            3 Balazs,Zuzana Lacsarak 1907 25 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            4 Balint,Ferencz Lacsarak 1907 41 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            5 Bariatarovic,Milan Lacsarak, Austria 1907 41 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            6 Krizak,Mihaly Lacsarak 1907 44 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            7 Radofevic,Mifo Lacsarak, Austria 1907 38 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            8 Rak,Anna Lacsarak, Hung 1907 22 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            9 Rak,Terezia Lacsarak, Hung 1907 0 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            10 Rudja,Pragie Lacsarak 1906 46 Passenger Record Text Manifest
            Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            11 Trbovic,Jandrija Lacsarak, Austria 1907 42 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            12 Vladisavljevic,Dusan Lacsarak, Austria 1907 25 Passenger Record
            Text Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            13 Vugin,Krista Lacsarak, Austria 1907 18 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            14 Vugin,Slava Lacsarak, Austria 1907 21 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            15 Vuletris,Mikaly Lacsarak, Hungary 1909 22 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
            16 Zidisin,Milovan Lacsarak, Hungary 1911 39 Passenger Record Text
            Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image

            Hesse is such a common sounding name that you may have to find it
            another way. That, combined with YELLENBERGER, both germanic sounding
            names, suggest this individual is from elsewhere.

            The above Shtetlseeker has links to Mapquest maps. I suggest you pop
            the names into Shtetlseeker and click on the maps and look at adjacent
            villages. Remember, Mapquest is a contemporary map, so old names may be
            missing. You can go to http://lazarus.elte.hu/hun/maps/1910/vmlista.htm
            for a list of all counties and excellent (but large) 1910 maps of each
            county in Hungary. It's up to you to figure out the correct county for
            Croatian, my expertise lies in Upper Hungary.

            You have ethnic names in the mix. magdalena and yellenburger are both
            German names. Of the countries you mentioned, the Czech Republic is
            where the majority of ethnic Germans resided until 1945. So this may be
            a stronger possibility.

            It would be of great help to locate the SABE river as this is a unique
            geographic identifier. In Serbia, there is a village along that river
            called SABAC. You're in the wrong forum to find experts in Croatia
            (Yugoslavia), but it's a start. Get out a Yugo map and see what you can
            find. I'll bet this is it.

            "froney stranc" - Froney sounds like a nick name.

            As a general note to all researchers, it's best to CAPITALIZE all your
            names and villages in correspondence, then entitle your email message
            subject with these names and locations.

            I'd also suggest you get over to a Yugo or Croat forum and post this
            info there. They can probably offer better pointers than I.

            Well, you should be off to a great start by now. Enough of these
            villages are close enough to each other that it is worth a look.

            Good Luck,
            ______________
            Bill Tarkulich

            hi sorry to bother you again but my grandmother
            magdalena yellenburger(?) was married to a older man
            who was a soldier and he died in a war. she was born
            in 1883 or 1884 and her first husbond used to swim
            accross the river to get her watermellon he died in
            whatever war was going on. she might have been a teen
            ager at the time of her first marriage and i don't no
            that name either. all of this is why i'm having so
            much trouble finding out anything. the sabe river has
            been mentioned and the river is accross from macvanska
            does that help? jeanann
            --- Paul Yurtinus <elmerville2@...> wrote:
            > Jeanann,
            >
            > Golly, it would be so much easier if you knew the
            > Village name from which your ancestors came.
            > There are people on this site that have access to
            > maps from old Austria-Hungary which could help.
            > I'll check some of the records available - get back
            > to the forum.
            >
            > Paul
            >
            > Jeanann Jameson <jjeanann2000@...> wrote:
            > hi i am jeanann and i'm new to this list. i am
            > looking
            > for information about my great gradparents, froney
            > stranc married to stephan yellenburger(last name
            > spelled by how my mother said it) and any
            > information
            > about my grandfather andres rak. i have been told
            > they
            > are from austria, hungary chez., poland, yugoslavia.
            > at this point i don't no. i have checked ellis
            > island,
            > ancestry.com and genealogy there is no record of any
            > of these people. some of the towns my mother has
            > mentiond are lacarak,mikitovich,macvanska, and
            > hesse.
            > if anyone no's of these people or towns maybe you
            > can
            > help or direct me in the right direction. thanks for
            > letting me be part of your group. jeanann

            > Terms of Service.

            > removed]

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Frank
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 2, 2003
              --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jeanann Jameson
              <jjeanann2000@y...> wrote:
              > hi i am jeanann and i'm new to this list. i am looking
              > for information about my great gradparents, froney
              > stranc married to stephan yellenburger(last name
              > spelled by how my mother said it) and any information
              > about my grandfather andres rak. i have been told they
              > are from austria, hungary chez., poland, yugoslavia.
              > at this point i don't no. i have checked ellis island,
              > ancestry.com and genealogy there is no record of any
              > of these people. some of the towns my mother has
              > mentiond are lacarak,mikitovich,macvanska, and hesse.
              > if anyone no's of these people or towns maybe you can
              > help or direct me in the right direction. thanks for
              > letting me be part of your group. jeanann

              jeanann

              In Hungarian, German, and Slavic languages the letter J is pron. Y.
              Jugoslavija = Yugoslavia

              Jellenburger ? looks like a German surname spelling.
              Hesse is probably Hesse- a region located in SW Germany.
              Perhaps a Donauschwaben surname ?

              http://www.genealogienetz.de/reg/ESE/dsslawon.html

              Lacarak is located 47 miles NNW of Beograd (Belgrade)
              Serbia.
              Macvanska Mitrovica is located 45 miles NNW of Belgrade.
              The Sava River is located close by.

              There was a war fought in former Yugoslavia in the 1990s between
              Croatia and Serbia.
              NATO and US forces bombed Serbia.

              How are you ? English

              Wie geht es Ihnen ? German

              Hogy Van ? Hungarian (Non-Slavic)

              Ako sa más^ ? Slovak

              Jak se máte ? Czech

              Jak sie masz ? Polish

              Kako ste ? Croatian/Slovene (Roman)

              K A K C T E ? Serbian/Bulgarian/Macedonian (Cyrillic)
              (kahk steh)

              K A K /| E J| A' ? Russian (Cyrillic)
              (k ah k d ye l a)

              listowner Croatia-L Mailing List
              http://rootsweb.com/~hrvwgw/mailing.htm

              Frank Kurcina
              > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
            • John M,
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 2, 2003
                At 10:06 PM 8/1/2003 -0700, you wrote:
                >hi sorry to bother you again but my grandmother
                >magdalena yellenburger(?) was married to a older man
                >who was a soldier and he died in a war. she was born
                >in 1883 or 1884

                Frank and Bill covered most of your questions. Based on your grandmothers'
                age, her husband may have died in the Balkan wars 1912-1913 or WWI 1914-1918.

                John M.
              • Jeanann Jameson
                Message 7 of 16 , Aug 2, 2003
                  hi i just wanted to say thank-you for this
                  information. i will let you no what i find out.jeanann

                  http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                • Jeanann Jameson
                  Message 8 of 16 , Aug 2, 2003
                    Frank thanks for all the information i have some new
                    directions to go. i went back to ellis island and i
                    still can't find anything close to my grandmothers
                    name but a close match for my grandfather (Rak) came
                    up i was going by dates of his birth anyhow it said he
                    came from Nostovicha i don't no where that is but that
                    name set some bell off i have heard it a few times
                    before several years ago but thats ok got some more
                    checking to do. you mentioned froney could be a nick
                    name what would veronica be in german? i believe she
                    is the one from hesse. thanks for your help. jeanann

                    http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                  • Jeanann Jameson
                    Message 9 of 16 , Aug 3, 2003
                      hi i just talked to my older brother he has been
                      checking out stuff also. he says my grandfather Andras
                      RAk is from Lacarak,Hungary and my grandmother is from
                      Mitrovica Austria and they were only a few miles
                      apart. i have another question. does anyone no what
                      the name for Veronica is German, Hungarian, Slovakian
                      whatever. anyhow you have been a great help i do want
                      to thank all of you. jeanann
                      --- Paul Yurtinus <elmerville2@...> wrote:
                      > Jeanann,
                      >
                      > Golly, it would be so much easier if you knew the
                      > Village name from which your ancestors came.
                      > There are people on this site that have access to
                      > maps from old Austria-Hungary which could help.
                      > I'll check some of the records available - get back
                      > to the forum.
                      >
                      > Paul
                      >
                      > Jeanann Jameson <jjeanann2000@...> wrote:
                      > hi i am jeanann and i'm new to this list. i am
                      > looking
                      > for information about my great gradparents, froney
                      > stranc married to stephan yellenburger(last name
                      > spelled by how my mother said it) and any
                      > information
                      > about my grandfather andres rak. i have been told
                      > they
                      > are from austria, hungary chez., poland, yugoslavia.
                      > at this point i don't no. i have checked ellis
                      > island,
                      > ancestry.com and genealogy there is no record of any
                      > of these people. some of the towns my mother has
                      > mentiond are lacarak,mikitovich,macvanska, and
                      > hesse.
                      > if anyone no's of these people or towns maybe you
                      > can
                      > help or direct me in the right direction. thanks for
                      > letting me be part of your group. jeanann

                      > send blank email to

                      > Terms of Service.

                      > removed]

                      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
                    • John M,
                      Message 10 of 16 , Aug 3, 2003
                        At 08:34 PM 8/3/2003 -0700, you wrote:
                        >hi i just talked to my older brother he has been
                        >checking out stuff also. he says my grandfather Andras
                        >RAk is from Lacarak,Hungary and my grandmother is from
                        >Mitrovica Austria and they were only a few miles
                        >apart. i have another question. does anyone no what
                        >the name for Veronica is German, Hungarian, Slovakian
                        >whatever. anyhow you have been a great help i do want
                        >to thank all of you. jeanann

                        ENGLISH Czech. French German Hungarian Italian Polish
                        Slovakian Russian
                        Veronica Veronika Berenice Veronike . .
                        Nika Verona .
                        Berenice Veronique
                        Wera Veronika
                        Bernice
                        Weronika Veronka

                        John M
                      • Vladimir Bohinc
                        Message 11 of 16 , Aug 3, 2003
                          German short for Veronica is Vroni , read Frony.
                          Vladimir

                          > hi i just talked to my older brother he has been
                          > checking out stuff also. he says my grandfather Andras
                          > RAk is from Lacarak,Hungary and my grandmother is from
                          > Mitrovica Austria and they were only a few miles
                          > apart. i have another question. does anyone no what
                          > the name for Veronica is German, Hungarian, Slovakian
                          > whatever. anyhow you have been a great help i do want
                          > to thank all of you. jeanann
                          > --- Paul Yurtinus <elmerville2@...> wrote:
                          > > Jeanann,
                          > >
                          > > Golly, it would be so much easier if you knew the
                          > > Village name from which your ancestors came.
                          > > There are people on this site that have access to
                          > > maps from old Austria-Hungary which could help.
                          > > I'll check some of the records available - get back
                          > > to the forum.
                          > >
                          > > Paul
                          > >
                          > > Jeanann Jameson <jjeanann2000@...> wrote:
                          > > hi i am jeanann and i'm new to this list. i am
                          > > looking
                          > > for information about my great gradparents, froney
                          > > stranc married to stephan yellenburger(last name
                          > > spelled by how my mother said it) and any
                          > > information
                          > > about my grandfather andres rak. i have been told
                          > > they
                          > > are from austria, hungary chez., poland, yugoslavia.
                          > > at this point i don't no. i have checked ellis
                          > > island,
                          > > ancestry.com and genealogy there is no record of any
                          > > of these people. some of the towns my mother has
                          > > mentiond are lacarak,mikitovich,macvanska, and
                          > > hesse.
                          > > if anyone no's of these people or towns maybe you
                          > > can
                          > > help or direct me in the right direction. thanks for
                          > > letting me be part of your group. jeanann

                          > > send blank email to

                          > > Terms of Service.

                          > > removed]

                        • Frank
                          Message 12 of 16 , Aug 4, 2003
                            <jjeanann2000@y...> wrote:
                            > hi i just talked to my older brother he has been
                            > checking out stuff also. he says my grandfather Andras
                            > RAk is from Lacarak,Hungary and my grandmother is from
                            > Mitrovica Austria and they were only a few miles
                            > apart. i have another question. does anyone no what
                            > the name for Veronica is German, Hungarian, Slovakian
                            > whatever. anyhow you have been a great help i do want
                            > to thank all of you. jeanann
                            > --- Paul Yurtinus <elmerville2@y...> wrote:

                            As Bill Tarkulich wrote Lacarak and Macvanska Mitrovica are located in
                            Serbia not Slovakia.

                            John M described various versions of first name Veronica.
                            Vroni (Froney) is also a German diminutive form of Veronica/Veronika
                            which was Jeanann's ancestor's name.

                            Andrew (English)
                            András (Hungarian)
                            Andreas (German)
                            Andrej/Ondrej (Slovak)
                            Andrej (Czech, Slovene)
                            Andrija (Croatian/Serbian)

                            Frank K

                            Message 13 of 16 , Aug 4, 2003
                              hi just wanted to say thank-you. jeanann

                              Message 14 of 16 , Aug 4, 2003
                                thank-you all of you have been alot of help jeanann

                                Message 15 of 16 , Aug 4, 2003
                                  thank-ou john. jeanann

                                  http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com