Re: [S-R] 1900 U.S. Census

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 27 4:27 PM
      At 06:49 PM 7/27/2003 -0400, you wrote:
      >I am looking for a way to search the index or soundex for the 1900
      >census online. With my subscription to ancestry.com, I can search the
      >index online for several census years, but not for 1900. The 1900 index
      >is not available on the ancestry.com service. I was wondering if there
      >was another service that allows searching the 1900 census index online.
      >The www.nara.gov site tells how to use soundex, and how to order books
      >and microfilm, but I could not find a way to do an online search on that
      >site. Am I missing something?
      >
      >Ron

      Ron,

      http://www.ancestry.com/search/io/choosest.asp?c=4

      This site seems to indicate it can be browsed on line. I'm not a member so
      I couldn't gain access and can't confirm if it can be browsed online. You
      may be able to follow through if you are.

      John M.
    • Curtis Bochanyin
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 27 5:35 PM
        Ron,
        I have subscription access to an online index and text of the 1900
        U.S. census. If you will supply the name, and state (and locality
        if known) I will be happy to look it up for you and send you the
        results.

        Curt B.

        -- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Ron Milliken <rmilliken@s...>
        wrote:
        > I am looking for a way to search the index or soundex for the 1900
        > census online. With my subscription to ancestry.com, I can search
        the
        > index online for several census years, but not for 1900. The 1900
        > is not available on the ancestry.com service. I was wondering if
        there
        > was another service that allows searching the 1900 census index
        online.
        > The www.nara.gov site tells how to use soundex, and how to order
        books
        > and microfilm, but I could not find a way to do an online search
        on that
        > site. Am I missing something?
        >
        > Ron
        >
        > Darrell & Linda Roberts wrote:
        >
        > > Ron, if you go to the website for the National Arcives you
        > > will find soundex info there. www.nara.gov/
        > >
        > > That should help you
        > >

        > > --- Ron Milliken <rmilliken@s...> wrote:
        > > > Is an index or soundex to the 1900 U.S. Census available
        > > > on the
        > > > internet, for at least some states?
        > > >
        > > > Ron

        > > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com