RE: [S-R] Town name Svinska

    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 23, 2003
      SOURCE: http://www.jewishgen.org/databases/EIDB/ellisshort.html
      Immigrants from Svinska:

      1 Polifka,Maria Svinska, Cz. Slov. 1921 17 Passenger Record Text
      Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image

      193 Feciskamin,Anna Sviniszki, Cecho Slovakia 1921 12 Passenger
      Record Text Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
      194 Feciskamin,Helena Sviniszki, Cecho Slovakia 1921 3 Passenger
      Record Text Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
      195 Feciskamin,Ila Sviniszki, Cecho Slovakia 1921 35 Passenger Record
      Text Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
      196 Feciskamin,Michael Sviniszki, Cecho Slovakia 1921 14 Passenger
      Record Text Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
      197
      182 Drmeeie,Gyuro Svanysko, Hungary 1909 20 Passenger Record Text
      Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
      818 Plesa,Marya Sevanska, Hungary 1914 26 Passenger Record Text
      Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
      819 Plesa,Mauric Sevanska, Hungary 1914 44 Passenger Record Text
      Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
      823 Polifka,Maria Svinska, Cz. Slov. 1921 17 Passenger Record Text
      Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image
      846 Rak,Franjo Svanjska 1906 36 Passenger Record Text Manifest
      Scanned Manifest Ship Image
      1238 Zlokara,Mile Sweniski, Hungary 1912 28 Passenger Record Text
      Manifest Scanned Manifest Ship Image

      consider that present day SVINCA (SE of Kosice) was called SWINCZA AND
      PETOSZINYE by the Magyars
      Austria Hungary could also include, Czech republic, Galicia (Poland) or
      western Ukraine

      ______________
      Bill Tarkulich

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 23, 2003
        consider
        1 ...aicz,Michael Bremen 1897 16 Passenger Record Text Manifest
        Scanned Manifest Ship Image
        2 Hrisch,Mathia Madereben 1897 24 Passenger Record Text Manifest
        Scanned Manifest Ship Image
        3 Hricz,Andras Rijo 1898 23 Passenger Record Text Manifest Scanned
        Manifest Ship Image
        4 Hricz,Anna 1896 22 Passenger Record Text Manifest Scanned
        Manifest Ship Image
        5 Hricz,Anna Gezsony 1897 18 Passenger Record Text Manifest Scanned
        Manifest Ship Image
        6 Hricz,Gyorgy Cselej 1898 28 Passenger Record Text Manifest Scanned
        Manifest Ship Image
        7 Hricz,Janos 1896 20 Passenger Record Text Manifest Scanned
        Manifest Ship Image
        8 Hricz,Janos 1896 25 Passenger Record Text Manifest Scanned
        Manifest Ship Image
        9 Hricz,Jozsef Also Repas 1898 24 Passenger Record Text Manifest
        Scanned Manifest Ship Image
        10 Hricz,Koczyban Sczerbanynka 1897 30 Passenger Record Text Manifest
        Scanned Manifest Ship Image
        11 Hricz,Maria 1896 0 Passenger Record Text Manifest Scanned
        Manifest Ship Image
        12 Hricz,Maria Ragyocz 1898 19 Passenger Record Text Manifest
        Scanned Manifest Ship Image
        13 Hricz,Mihaly 1896 3 Passenger Record Text Manifest Scanned
        Manifest Ship Image
        14 Hricz,Mihalz 1896 18 Passenger Record Text Manifest Scanned
        Manifest Ship Image
        15 Hrics,Anna 1896 22 Passenger Record Text Manifest Scanned
        Manifest Ship Image
        16 Hrics,Anna 1896 0 Passenger Record Text Manifest Scanned
        Manifest Ship Image
        17 Hrics,Mihaly Davidvagas 1897 24 Passenger Record Text Manifest
        Scanned Manifest Ship Image
        18 Hrics,Ystvan Rijo 1898 24 Passenger Record Text Manifest Scanned
        Manifest Ship Image

        Don't be surprised if they messed up the given name - I like the Mihaly
        entry 1896, age 3, but I can't find the manifest online. Well, more
        work for you. And what about #11, Maria, 1896 - age 0 , usually means
        age is in months. Mistakes are all over the place, check em out!

        Bill Tarkulich