Re: [S-R] Lublo again

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2003
      If it was Lublo, then look here http://www.unipo.sk/SARIS/lubovnaa.htm
      and also search Google for Stara Lubovna.
      Vladimir

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2003
        Vladimir,
        Is Lublo another name for Stara Lubovna?
        Alyssa
        and also search Google for Stara Lubovna.
        Vladimir

        > I just looked Lublo up again, and it shows as approimately 125 miles
        > ENE of Bratislava, south of Vlachy. Does anyone have information on
        > this area?
        >
        > Alyssa

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • John M,
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 19, 2003
          At 09:57 AM 7/19/2003 -0400, you wrote:
          >Vladimir,
          >Is Lublo another name for Stara Lubovna?
          >Alyssa

          Lublo was one of the names of Stara Lubovna from 1808 to 1873. It was also
          known as Lublovia, Lublau, and Lubowna. From 1873 to 1913 it was known as
          Olublo. It became Stara Lubovna in 1920.

          John M.
        • Alyssa Eppich
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 19, 2003
            Again, my thanks, John. This makes much more sense than the "other" Lublo. It's closer by Presov, and I have always suspected that my Maczko's roots were in this area.

            Alyssa