Krystynek

  • Jeanne Linley
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17, 2003
      Hello,

      RE: KRYSTYNEK (CHRISTINEK)

      I am new to this group and need help in researching
      KRYSTYNEK.

      My great great grandmother was Wilhelmine Sophie
      Christinek born in Dahnsdorf, Brandenburg, Germany
      1787 and her father my ggg grandfather was Johann
      Joachim Bernhard Christian Christinek born 1736 in
      L�bnitz, Brandenburg, Germany. My gggg grandfather was
      Johann Andreas Christinek born 1684, married to
      Christiane Elisabeth Michaelis b. 1711. He was
      supposed to be a Prince who escaped from "Austria"
      (Austro-Hungarian Empire) after a duel and left his
      estate, the (lost) title of which was written in a
      language the German's were not familiar with and they
      couldn't decifer.

      Does anyone know of any KRYSTYNEK or any nobility by
      that name in Czech/Bohemia/Slovakia/Moravia?

      Thank you for your help with this.
      Sincerely,
      Jeanne Lorf Linley

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 18, 2003
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Jeanne Linley
        <jeannelinley2000@y...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > RE: KRYSTYNEK (CHRISTINEK)
        >
        > I am new to this group and need help in researching
        > KRYSTYNEK.
        >
        > My great great grandmother was Wilhelmine Sophie
        > Christinek born in Dahnsdorf, Brandenburg, Germany
        > 1787 and her father my ggg grandfather was Johann
        > Joachim Bernhard Christian Christinek born 1736 in
        > Lübnitz, Brandenburg, Germany. My gggg grandfather was
        > Johann Andreas Christinek born 1684, married to
        > Christiane Elisabeth Michaelis b. 1711. He was
        > supposed to be a Prince who escaped from "Austria"
        > (Austro-Hungarian Empire) after a duel and left his
        > estate, the (lost) title of which was written in a
        > language the German's were not familiar with and they
        > couldn't decifer.
        >
        > Does anyone know of any KRYSTYNEK or any nobility by
        > that name in Czech/Bohemia/Slovakia/Moravia?
        >
        > Thank you for your help with this.
        > Sincerely,
        > Jeanne Lorf Linley

        In 18th c, the Austrian (Hapsburgs) ruled Silesia, Bohemia, Moravia,
        Upper and Lower Austria and they also ruled Hungary-Croatia
        (which included Slovakia) and Hungary which included Bac^ka, the
        Banat, Slavonia, as well as Transylvania.

        Today, the surname Krystynek is found in Wien (Austria) and the
        Czech Republic (Czech-Bohemia)

        Christinek

        http://216.239.53.104/search?q=cache:nGH6R_PiHEMJ:archiver.rootsweb.co
        m/th/read/EXULANTEN/2000-01/0947278750+Christinek&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

        You should check the Siebenburger Saxons in what was formerly
        Transylvania (Hungary) and which region now belongs to Romania.
        There was a German group called "Siebenburger Sachsen".
        They had nothing to do with Saxons, but at that time "Saxonia" meant
        "Germany".
        That is where the Austrian Evangelical Protestants (Lutherans) were
        expelled to.

        If your gggg GF was not a Furst(umlaut u) or Prinz (Prince) what was
        his title ?

        Frank Kurcina