RE: [S-R] VASSILY LAKATOS

  • roberta kostka
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 11, 2003
      We are still searching for correct information. After talking to someone at the Rusin Association it was once again suggested we look at church records. The church records here in the states have him listed as Wassil Lakatos, village of birth - Deskovycja. Which is in Bereg County in present day Ukraine. Can someone let me know how to get church records for this village, from the actual village? I have tried finding this village using the internet and have not had much luck. Any help would be appreciated. thanks again.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 11, 2003
        At 07:13 PM 7/11/2003 -0700, you wrote:

        >We are still searching for correct information. After talking to someone
        >at the Rusin Association it was once again suggested we look at church
        >records. The church records here in the states have him listed as Wassil
        >Lakatos, village of birth - Deskovycja. Which is in Bereg County in
        >present day Ukraine. Can someone let me know how to get church records
        >for this village, from the actual village? I have tried finding this
        >village using the internet and have not had much luck. Any help would be
        >appreciated. thanks again.

        They have some very knowledgeable people and Ukrainian information

        Also try http://www.infoukes.com/index.shtml

        John M.
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 12, 2003
          Church records are held by the Ukraine Archives. You will either need
          to write or go there yourself or hire someone to do the extracts for
          you. Either way, it will cost you some $$.

          Here are some useful links:
          Archives of the Ukraine http://www.scarch.kiev.ua/Eng/
          Genealogical Research at Ukraine Archives:
          http://www.scarch.kiev.ua/Eng/genealogia.php
          http://www.lemko.org/genealogy/oblasts.html
          http://www.polishroots.org/archives_ukraine.htm
          http://www.halgal.com/TsDIAL.html - Lviv Archives

          Good Luck,
          Bill Tarkulich

          We are still searching for correct information. After talking to
          someone at the Rusin Association it was once again suggested we look at
          church records. The church records here in the states have him listed
          as Wassil Lakatos, village of birth - Deskovycja. Which is in Bereg
          County in present day Ukraine. Can someone let me know how to get
          church records for this village, from the actual village? I have tried
          finding this village using the internet and have not had much luck. Any
          help would be appreciated. thanks again.

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/