Re: [S-R] Sucha Dolina

  • mlthrush
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 11 4:49 PM
      Hi Kathi,

      I looked through some copies I've made of the church records from
      Sedlice which includes records of villagers from Sucha Dolina. I
      found Andreas Filakovszky and his wife Anna Tolma^cs, both Roman
      Catholic, baptizing a son Petrus on 10 Feb 1866. Also on 5 Dec 1880,
      Jakab, son the late Andras Filyakovszky and Anna Tlum^acs was buried.
      Does this Anna Filokovszky sound like your cousin's mother?

      Mary Lou

      -- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, kathiraisa@a... wrote:
      > Frank:
      >
      > My interest in Kosicka Bela is because it is my reference to
      Kosicke Hamre
      > (Kassa Hamor). It is my understanding that church records for that
      area
      > were/are in that village. Kassa Hamor no longer exists as it is
      under water, the
      > Ruzin Dam (not sure if I am spelling it correctly).
      > Many of my Petriks are from Kassa Hamor. It seems that most of my
      Lenarths
      > are as well. As I haven't been able to find one of my great
      uncle's in the
      > Hamor records I thought that maybe he could have been born in Sucha
      Dolina as
      > that name seems to ring a bell for his son, my father's cousin whom
      I recently
      > found. But it also could be the birth place of this cousin's
      mother, Anna
      > Filakovsky.
      > I am researching Petrik, Lenarth, Miko.
      > Best regards.
      > Kathi
      >
      > In a message dated 7/11/2003 8:25:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      > plichta@v... writes:
      >
      > > Kathi,
      > >
      > > Sucha Dolina is approximately 16KM (10 miles) due North of
      Kosicka Bela but

    • kathiraisa@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 12 3:57 PM
        Mary Lou

        I don't think the Anna you found is my cousin's mother, but could be a
        relative.
        I am assuming that my great-uncle Jozsef was the youngest brother of my
        grandfather, so he would have been born around the 1890's. Even if his wife was
        older than he I imagine that she would have been born around that time as well.
        Hopefully I will get some dates in the very near future.
        Thank you!
        Kathi