RE: [S-R] Re: (Nagy)magasfalu=Vysoká pri Morav e=Hochstadt

  • Milan Huba
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2003
      My grandparents were from Hochstetno (Vysoka pre Morave or Magasfalu) and I
      visited the village a number of times. I still have cousins who live there.
      The irony is that this so called "high village" is not on high ground. It
      lies on very flat, low ground right on the banks of the Morave river. This
      is the equivalent to naming an ice and snow covered island "Greenland". I
      always wondered how this village got its name.