Sabinov and GREGA

  • sabinov@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 1999
      Thanks Al, I'll try those.... I didn't see anything under the Z's... so
      maybe its one of the other ones.

      By the way, I owed you a response from a letter Helene C. forwarded to
      me from a listing I have in SlovakPride.... I don't have any direct
      connection to your GREGAs... evidently my gr/grandmothers sister's
      second marriage in Sabinov was to a man named GREGA, and she had just
      the one son from that marriage. I haven't found the marriage record yet.
      Ferencz Grega emigrated c. 1905 and was killed in an accident in the
      Bronx in 1909. He was buried in the Bronx, and she went back to Sabinov.
      The son Stephen came back to the US to live in 1947. No connection on
      that line to Pennsylvania.

      If your Grega's were in Sabinov I can keep an eye out when I work on the
      films.

      Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
      sabinov@...
      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching