Re: [S-R] Digest Number 1185

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2003
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Ranchik, Mark" <ranchik@p...>
      wrote:
      > Can an experienced manifest reader help me with line one of this
      manifest?

      > This is my Grandfather's "return" trip at age nine. He apparently
      traveled back to "Hungary" with his Dad--- who was searching for
      work/money. They returned, and this is the manifest of the child
      only. There are two pages. I am most interested in the town they
      visited/retuned from.

      > I never checked this entry because the transcription listed him as
      Returning to Peoria, USA This was actually PA, Floreffe. Go figure!

      > http://tinyurl.com/fv8y

      Mark

      LDS-Mormons filmed the parish church records for Hertník (Sk) Hertnek
      (H)
      formerly located in Sáros megye (county),Hungary.
      R.C. parish church records (1856-1897)
      Text in Latin and Hungarian.
      Its G.C. parish church records (1800-1895) are listed under
      Geraltov (Sk).

      The LDS filmed some but not all the Old Hungarian megye located
      in what is now Slovakia in the 1869 Hungarian Census.
      They did film Sáros and Zemplén megye et al.
      See URL below.

      http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.a
      sp?display=topicdetails&subject=836327&subject_disp=Hungary_-_Census_-
      _1869&columns=*,180,0

      Hungarian Census Returns

      http://216.239.37.100/search?q=cache:d0KE6z_KQp4J:www.horlacher.org/hu
      ngary/huncen.htm+Hungarian+Census+Returns&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

      Hungarian Genealogy Word List

      http://www.geocities.com:0080/Heartland/Plains/7347/hungword.htm