Re: [S-R] VASSILY LAKATOS

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 2 4:00 PM
      At 03:35 PM 7/2/2003 -0400, you wrote:
      >I notice that you mention the person that Lakatos left behind. I have
      >not found that category on the searches for my relatives. Is it possible
      >that it is not on all manifests?
      >For example on Julia Rol I see no such category or am I just missing it?
      >
      >Helen

      That was 1903. I believe manifests after that date had a category
      that required the name and address of the nearest relative in the country
      of origin.

      John M.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 2 6:53 PM
        This category is only found on manifests after 1904 - the immigration
        acts of 1902/04 greatly expanded the number of categories.
        Bill Tarkulich

        I notice that you mention the person that Lakatos left behind. I have
        not found that category on the searches for my relatives. Is it possible
        that it is not on all manifests? For example on Julia Rol I see no such
        category or am I just missing it?

        Helen

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 2 8:55 PM
          A good explanation of the evolution of passenger manifest data is found
          here
          http://www.ancestry.com/library/view/ancmag/5078.asp?rc=locale%7E&us=0
          Bill Tarkulich

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 11 7:13 PM
            We are still searching for correct information. After talking to someone at the Rusin Association it was once again suggested we look at church records. The church records here in the states have him listed as Wassil Lakatos, village of birth - Deskovycja. Which is in Bereg County in present day Ukraine. Can someone let me know how to get church records for this village, from the actual village? I have tried finding this village using the internet and have not had much luck. Any help would be appreciated. thanks again.

            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 11 8:48 PM
              At 07:13 PM 7/11/2003 -0700, you wrote:

              >We are still searching for correct information. After talking to someone
              >at the Rusin Association it was once again suggested we look at church
              >records. The church records here in the states have him listed as Wassil
              >Lakatos, village of birth - Deskovycja. Which is in Bereg County in
              >present day Ukraine. Can someone let me know how to get church records
              >for this village, from the actual village? I have tried finding this
              >village using the internet and have not had much luck. Any help would be
              >appreciated. thanks again.

              They have some very knowledgeable people and Ukrainian information

              Also try http://www.infoukes.com/index.shtml

              John M.
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 12 12:34 AM
                Church records are held by the Ukraine Archives. You will either need
                to write or go there yourself or hire someone to do the extracts for
                you. Either way, it will cost you some $$.

                Here are some useful links:
                Archives of the Ukraine http://www.scarch.kiev.ua/Eng/
                Genealogical Research at Ukraine Archives:
                http://www.scarch.kiev.ua/Eng/genealogia.php
                http://www.lemko.org/genealogy/oblasts.html
                http://www.polishroots.org/archives_ukraine.htm
                http://www.halgal.com/TsDIAL.html - Lviv Archives