RE: [S-R] Re: Surname Runc'ak

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2003
      Dear Frank,

      Thank you for the advice, but my research is already pretty complete.

      I have traced back family in Slovakia to 1700, been to Zboj and Nova
      Sedlica, stayed with my cousins there (see
      http://www.geocities.com/tarkulich/ ) and communicate with friends and
      family there quite regularly. I am quite familiar with Rusyn culture,
      heritage and history. I have also extensively researched many of the
      families in the area, with records on more than 600.

      Spent over 300 hours on the GC films alone. Neither the GC films or
      ship manifests are helpful in locating the families of people who
      immigrated from Slovakia to the USA.

      I posted this response to assist Lorna and as a favor to my friends in
      Slovakia.

      Sincerely,
      Bill Tarkulich