RE: [S-R] New to the list RUNCAK OR RUSIC

    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 30, 2003
      Lorna,

      I have two friends, surnames RUNC'AK (roon-chak) and RUSIC' (roo-sich)
      from the my ancestral Villages of Nova Sedlica (Ujsek) and Zboj
      (Harczos) in extreme northeast Slovakia. These villages are on the
      Poland-Ukraine borders. Remarkably, they are seeking their families in
      America. We are having a heck of a time finding them in the States -
      the name appears to have been altered dramtically. It is easier to find
      someone in Slovakia than in America! RUNCAK initially immigrated to
      Scranton/Dunmore 1904-06 and stayed with my relatives.

      Does any of this sound familiar? What years did your immigrants arrive?
      To where? Have you searched www.ellisisland.org for them?

      Bill Tarkulich