Re: Help please !!

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2003
      Joann

      You didn't give your GF's religion.

      Why I ask is that the page where Elek's father-in-law was listed
      was a mix of Slovaks and Ruthenians.
      His Last Residence looks like U'jszemere or U'jszemcze
      (in Magyar)

      U'jszemere was a Carpatho-Rusyn village located in Ung megye, Hungary.
      10th c to 1918 Transcarpathian Rus' was part of Hungary.

      U'jszemere is now called Simerki/Semerky and is located
      5 miles ENE of Perec^in, Ukraine which is located just across
      the current Slovakia-Ukraine border and NE of Uzhhord
      Uz^gorod y >|< | O P O /|

      Elek is also an unusual Hungarian given name.
      It could translate to Alexis.

      The EIR listed 66 surnames Pecka.
      The majority of them were from Czech-Bohemia.
      There is a town called Pecka in CR.
      Pecka/Pecko can also be a Slovak surname.

      Carnaro (I) Kvarner (Croatian) region

      Elek's port of departure was Trieste.
      Austria before WW I.
      Italy after WW I.
      Yugoslavia after WW II.
      Now Italy.

      If his father-in-law's surname was Siravetz/Sirovetz ?,
      U.S. Social Security Death Index (SSDI) lists 6 surname Sirovetz
      from NJ.

      Frank K