RE: [S-R] New to the list

  • Armata, Joseph R. (JArmata)
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2003
      Hello - did you intend this to go to a Polish genealogy list
      (Lomza & Plock)? The names you give look like variations of the
      Polish word rantuch, a woman's linen shawl. The word originally
      came from German.

      Joe

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2003
        Hi,

        Thank you for the information. I am looking at all possibilities. My
        relatives could have come from a part of Poland that eventually became a part of a
        Slovak State.

        Lorna