[S-R] Re: Missing from EIBD

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 28, 2003
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Mebjwb@a... wrote:
      > Dear Frank,
      > Thank you for to responding to "missing manifest file for Teresa
      Pavlik."

      > Can you tell me what file number your used to access the LDS
      microfilms on
      > emigrant information written down by the ship personnel, usually the
      day before
      > vessel's arrived at Ellis Island?
      >
      > I would appreciate any help you can give me.
      >
      > Marge B.

      Marge

      Marge

      You need to go local LDS FHC and order the actual ship manifest
      film in which Teresa Pavlik et al was listed.
      This should be listed in The FHC CD-ROM catalog at the FHC under :

      Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at NY, NYC, 1897-1957.

      You want to order :

      Roll 612 Volumes 1301-1303 Beginning Dates Aug 22, 1905.

      When your film comes in you scroll to Volume 1303 and find listing for
      SS Pennsylvania under its arrival date Aug 24, 1905.
      Then under SS Pennsylvania on page 373, line 08 should be Teresa
      Pavlik entry.

      The # 1399291, LDS volunteers gave you is the Index (Soundex) to
      Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at NYC, NY 1902-1943.
      Pavlik is P-142, so you would first need Roll 505,i.e. P-140-P-153.

      If you looked up surname Pavlik on Roll 505 it would eventually give
      you the above Roll 612 from an Index card listing.
      The Index card listing are by surname, then by first name, then
      roll and volume, gender, page and line no.

      Usually this is the first step of two part step in finding a surname
      entry in a particular ship manifest.
      I am just eliminating step 1 above and jumping to the actual
      ship manifest where you will find surname entry for Teresa Pavlik.

      Frank K