Correction Re: [S-R] surname Troychak

  • John M,
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26 10:09 AM
      At 04:08 PM 6/26/2003 +0000, you wrote:

      The name in Slovak is written Trojc^ak with a diacritic mark over the
      "c". The the "j" is equivalent to English "y" and "c^" is equivalent to "ch".

      > > Hello: My name is Mary Troychak. I'm researching my paternal
      >grandfather. His name was Albert Troychak, who according to my family
      >was born in 1882 in Maloveska, Austria, Hungary

      Maloveska (aka Mala Vieska) is now part of Druz^stevna pri Hornade (DpH),
      which is located just north of Kosice. There are 13 Trojcak (pronounced
      Troychak) listed in SK online directory for DpH. Two are listed in the
      Mala Vieska part of the town.

      In The Ellis Island database, there is a Joseph Trojcak, age 42, from
      Kisfalu (which translates to small village I believe) arriving in
      1905. Perhaps a relation?

      These two microfilms (FHL INTL Film [ 1978942 Items 2-6 ] and FHL INTL Film
      [ 1923071 Items 1-4 ]) are for Kostolny nad Hornadom. The records for Mala
      Vieska are located with the KnH records.

      John M.