Re: [S-R] Re: Kurucz Surname,,,Kocise & Brezina -- Pottfay, Buzik, Chudik in ...

  • Bratgirl54@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2003
      In a message dated 6/22/2003 9:23:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      vpfezziwig@... writes:

      > I found the Kurucz name in Orlov (1882-1894). My problem is there is
      > also a family named Kurutz and the spelling seems to move back and
      > forth between houses. Is there any change your family might have
      > moved east before immigrating?

      There is a possibility yes. You see,,,the name originated as Kurucz. My
      grandmother Stefania Hornack Kurucz, divorced my grandfather and changed our
      surname to kurutz, so grandfather could not find his sons. Grandfather's name
      somehow got changed to Kuruc....so I have three variations.