Re: introduction and some basic questions

  • sabinov@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 7, 1999
      The Duncan Gardiner book "German Towns in Slovakia and Upper Hungary" is
      microfilmed and available via your local FHC. I have it on permanent
      loan at mine as it is only one item on a film with some other items,
      including a guide to Berlin Parishes which I needed for my German
      research.

      Of course I don't remember the film # offhand, but you could find it in
      the catalog fairly easily.
      It's not that many pages as I remember, so it wouldn't be that expensive
      to order the film and copy this item.

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
      sabinov@...
      Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    • MJESKO@xxxxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 7, 1999
        Hi
        SOLIVAR is still a suburb of Presov.
        Mark

        "TRADITION is the JOYFUL memory of a people!"
      • Joan Hendershot
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 7, 1999
          Hi Robin:

          I recently went thru Parish Record films of Solivar. They have Parish
          Registers of birth, marriages and deaths for Solivar from 1709 to 1896.
          They are Roman Catholic records.

          Film Nos. 1793888, 1793889, 1793890, 1793891, 1793892, 1793902, 1793903 and
          1793904.

          They can be ordered thru a Family History Center if you have a mormon church
          near you.

          Joan